Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 10:00 AM

75 posts, read 107,146 times

Advertisements

1) Is anyone left in the state? I say this jokingly, but most cities losing population for years.

2) What are the best / favorite areas in the far East and Northeast part of the state?

3) What are the people like compared to other parts of the country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 11:36 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump_Fan1 View Post
1) Is anyone left in the state? I say this jokingly, but most cities losing population for years.

2) What are the best / favorite areas in the far East and Northeast part of the state?

3) What are the people like compared to other parts of the country?
Hello fellow TrumpFan!
Yes the population has dipped in many parts of Maine..(..it is stable in Lewiston and Portland for the sole fact that thousands of third world immigrants have been imported to those two cities).

I like Lubec in eastern Maine. I live in The County (Aroostook), which is a huge area in the north. Caribou and Houlton are the best towns, in my opinion (although Houlton has just decided to become the "pot capital" of northern Maine, which might change my opinion.)

The people in Maine are generally nice and laid back. It's one of the good things that keeps people here. There are tons of people "from away" in some towns on the coast and in southern Maine, which has changed the dynamics in those places somewhat.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:20 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,300,861 times
Hello Trump Fan !
We moved to Maine to retire two and half years ago and Love it !
We live in Down east Maine, and I have yet to meet anything other than nice friendly people here.
While Maine is a big state, it is mostly forrested, and with a population of the whole state less than the city of Philly for example.
We are active seniors that enjoy fishing etc, and even the winters are an adventure

Use to live in Virginia, but have also lived in Penn, and NJ... As far as people- Hands down- Maine is a much more friendly state. !

Old 04-15-2017, 02:58 PM

500 posts, read 636,088 times
OP, where do you live now?

Old 04-15-2017, 08:28 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,129,715 times
If you live on the coast you may find that your political position that you are wearing on your sleeve is very much in the minority. If you live in the interior then you may be one of the majority.

Just a thought to remember.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:46 PM

Location: MA/ME (the way life should not be / the way it should be)
1,266 posts, read 1,388,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
If you live on the coast you may find that your political position that you are wearing on your sleeve is very much in the minority. If you live in the interior then you may be one of the majority.

Just a thought to remember.
To add to this, i have noticed some parts of MA seem to be more republican than southern maine (even the rural parts).

Old 04-16-2017, 12:40 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
you wont see any trump bumper stickers on the prius's, Subaru's or smart cars around Portland or southern maine..

interior maine (most of maine) you'll be fine we live by the golden rule..

welcome to maine we are 94% trees ...the air is fresh, the people are nice and the hunting and fishing is awesome!!

you can drive 5 minutes from just about anywhere in maine and be "in the country"

a traffic jam in maine is over 4 cars at a red light...

Old 04-16-2017, 06:21 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,129,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
you wont see any trump bumper stickers on the prius's, Subaru's or smart cars around Portland or southern maine..

interior maine (most of maine) you'll be fine we live by the golden rule..
I've seen no animosity toward anyone Down east who is a Trump fan; but you won't find a lot of people with the viewpoint. Mainers are generally live and let live people, and once you move here you will be too. Its the culture of Maine.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:10 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,300,861 times
Quote:
I've seen no animosity toward anyone Down east who is a Trump fan; but you won't find a lot of people with the viewpoint. Mainers are generally live and let live people, and once you move here you will be too. Its the culture of Maine.
Completely Agree ! We haven't met a surly person yet in Maine . Even when we had our Trump signs in the window and the yard while across the way was a Clinton sign.. All is good in Maine

Old 04-16-2017, 08:53 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Just a minor correction: Washington County is quite conservative; Hancock County somewhat so (those are the Downeast counties).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine