Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 08:31 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,682,072 times

Advertisements

Absolutely serious. I have done it. The property owner did not want it on his property and the prior broker would not go out there on snowshoes to remove it. Problem solved by direct action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 11:04 AM

221 posts, read 243,268 times
Im noticing similar issues, trying to buy broker owned property and getting a new construction.... The housing market is so hot listings go pending within 1-2 days yet the real estate agents out there are not hustling like Im used to here in Houston. they're a bit slow especially the selling agents. It just seems odd that the housing market is so hot in the areas we are looking yet the real estate agents are kind of too relaxed and nonchalant about their business.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:16 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
Please cease discussion of methods of access/entry that a law-abiding citizen might reasonably construe as being illegal. Here are two such examples from Maine's Criminal Code:
Title 17-A, §806: Criminal mischief

Title 17-A, §402: Criminal trespass

If anyone takes issue with this moderation, you're welcome to DM me (discussing moderator action on the public fora is not permitted as per Terms of Service.)

And to the OP - it's rotten that you're related to that agent - agreed with some others here that recommend severing ties - it doesn't sound like she's working for you at all.

Old 05-31-2017, 07:27 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,697,252 times
I've found that the majority of real estate "agents" I don't like. Often lazy and only looking to make an easy, quick buck. Try to do most of the legwork on your own. Educate yourself. Don't sign any exclusive contract with a buyers agent. Learn from my mistakes. Good luck. Maine is a big state. Many agents are within hours of the properties you're interested in. It behooves you to take the ball and run with it.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:38 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,224,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTexasEngineer View Post
Im noticing similar issues, trying to buy broker owned property and getting a new construction.... The housing market is so hot listings go pending within 1-2 days yet the real estate agents out there are not hustling like Im used to here in Houston. they're a bit slow especially the selling agents. It just seems odd that the housing market is so hot in the areas we are looking yet the real estate agents are kind of too relaxed and nonchalant about their business.
Builders are always very difficult to nail down this time of year when the market is hot. I'm not working with you, so I can't vouch for what you're experiencing, but like all professions, there are some agents that are better at follow-up than others. Are you using a good buyer's agent to help you navigate the waters? I can assure you that nobody who is doing any business is relaxing in this market, tensions are running high and buyers, in particular, are frustrated at the process. It doesn't help that the government added 2 weeks to the lending procedures in 2015 in the name of simplifying the process and making it "easier" for the consumer to understand.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:06 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,224,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
I've found that the majority of real estate "agents" I don't like. Often lazy and only looking to make an easy, quick buck. Try to do most of the legwork on your own. Educate yourself. Don't sign any exclusive contract with a buyers agent. Learn from my mistakes. Good luck. Maine is a big state. Many agents are within hours of the properties you're interested in. It behooves you to take the ball and run with it.
Some are more competent than others and many people spend more time planning a dinner out than they do choosing a real estate agent to advocate for one their largest investments of their lifetime. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but a good buyer's agent can save thousands of dollars (I'm literally advocating for a $9000 concession from a builder in a hot market as I write this) and navigate a transaction from beginning to end to make it as smooth as possible. I work in Southern Maine, so I stick to a radius around Greater Portland, and I agree that I'd be a poor choice for a property hours away from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine