Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 04:16 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,855,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineac View Post
But that doesn't serve the philosophical fantasy mantra as well. Maybe if the guys that are going by the farm at 75mph in a 45mph zone, with grandkids crossing the road to visit the neighbors' kids, in their oversized, jacked up blacked out fat mud tire 4WD pickup trucks with glass pack mufflers, letting us all know their manhood flows from their tailpipe, flying the stars and stripes on the left and the stars and bars on the right in the back of the truck, maybe if THEY were electric I wouldn't keep looking lovingly at the Browning Auto 5 Mag in the corner. And God forbid America would do anything that might limit pollution. Getting kinda tired of the whoop whoop monkey rhetoric and activities. And now, back to your regularly scheduled attempts at political conversion and the fog that has surrounded common sense.
Get Triggered much.

Lighten up Francis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnpkDWbeJs

RR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 09:24 AM

1,453 posts, read 2,201,985 times
That was sorta tongue in cheek, referring to the gutless, racist morons waving the confederate flag here in Maine out of the back of their truck, getting about 8mpg, and the intended slam against electric vehicles and supporting polluting the environment. So now your aligned response, as a clear supporter of same, among many other similar things observed, simply gets this, honey: Moderator cut: English is the language of City-Data.

Did you read the part about the grandkids crossing the road, or are you just pulling your political trigger (among other things) or can you even?

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-23-2017 at 06:01 AM.. Reason: language

Old 09-22-2017, 11:09 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,127,052 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: English is the language of City-Data.
or maybe: Moderator cut: English is the language of City-Data.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-23-2017 at 06:02 AM.. Reason: language

Old 09-22-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegrl2011 View Post
You need to get vehicle/truck insurance in Maine once you arrive. Take proof of insurance to City Hall or Town Hall and pay excise tax.
I believe that 30 days is the amount of time, and in small places, the local constabulary will know you right away.

However, if you live in a place where there is a college or where a lot of people own summer houses or tourists, you will never get stopped because the local cops will assume that you are a tourist or a college student.

Some people from Utah built a restaurant/music spot in Southwest Harbor, and maintained their Utah plates for 18 months. I guess they were waiting to see if the restaurant was a success. Police dept. was next door and they did nothing.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
or maybe: Moderator cut: English is the language of City-Data.
One is in, one is out, either way, the smell has to be abhorrent and the lack of ability to see things clearly or hear anything but the repeated lies is apparent. Goosestepping with right arm akimbo.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-23-2017 at 06:02 AM.. Reason: language

Old 09-23-2017, 04:33 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,855,614 times
Quote:
That was sorta tongue in cheek, referring to the gutless, racist morons waving the confederate flag here in Maine out of the back of their truck, getting about 8mpg, and the intended slam against electric vehicles and supporting polluting the environment. So now your aligned response, as a clear supporter of same, among many other similar things observed, simply gets this, honey: Moderator cut: English is the language of City-Data.
Did you read the part about the grandkids crossing the road, or are you just pulling your political trigger (among other things) or can you even?
LOL... You claim it's tongue in cheek, then launch into another tirade of racist non-sense.
Someone get grandpa his meds, his LDS (LePage Derangement syndrome) is flaring up again.

P.s. My truck is 2WD, sits on stock 15" rims and has no flags or bumper stickers on it.

RR

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-23-2017 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: language

Old 09-23-2017, 08:29 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,891,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
I believe that 30 days is the amount of time, and in small places, the local constabulary will know you right away.

However, if you live in a place where there is a college or where a lot of people own summer houses or tourists, you will never get stopped because the local cops will assume that you are a tourist or a college student.

Some people from Utah built a restaurant/music spot in Southwest Harbor, and maintained their Utah plates for 18 months. I guess they were waiting to see if the restaurant was a success. Police dept. was next door and they did nothing.
Instead of "when you arrive" I should have said before you go to pay your excise tax and register the vehicle. You have to have proof of insurance in Maine when you go to pay the excise tax.

There is sometimes a fine line between the issue of whether a person has actually moved or is just visiting. What if a person wants to visit more than 30 days, for example. What if they are contemplating a move but haven't yet officially moved... If a person is pulled over for some other reason or are stopped at a traffic stop, there is still no red flag flying in the police officers' face to alert him or her that the person is a visitor or has relocated as long as the license plate and driver's license info matches as being from the same place (outside of Maine). The police officers/state troopers have more important legal matters (traffic violations, criminal offenses, etc.) to keep them busy rather than just pulling over people trying to figure out if they have lived in Maine more than 30 days or if they are just visiting.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
That was sorta tongue in cheek, referring to the gutless, racist morons waving the confederate flag here in Maine out of the back of their truck......
Just for fun I translated the above into the english of the 15th century:

"Yond wast s'rta tongue in cheek, ref'rring to the gutless, racist m'rons waving the confed'rate flag h're in maine out of the backeth of their truck...."

It is english, just not 21st century english. But then you just said english.

or:

T is english, just not 21st century english. But then thee just hath said english!

Old 09-25-2017, 05:21 AM

Yeah, let it go. You'll never change true, wide-eyed believers.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:26 AM

221 posts, read 243,049 times
ok, I got the truck plates set me back almost 800 bucks. Then I went ahead and did the trailer with 2 year registration that set me back like 150 (inludes tax).

should be good to go now. Do I need to do an inspection sticker too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine