Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 07:18 PM

503 posts, read 1,025,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Swamp gas or Air Force flares no doubt.
The speed it was moving makes it unlikely flares, swamp gas maybe. That's what the Airforce would have said for sure. I highly doubt it was gas either.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 08:49 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,653,708 times
I have had a sighting (still unexplained, written up in Dr. Allen Hynek's book) and following that spend time investigating for NICAP and with the Condon Committee...

Not in Maine, but mostly out west... and using the investigation tools and technique I devised, most of the cases I was on were identified... but not all...

I no longer work in this field, however.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:40 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times
Stephen Hawking recently said that there is most probably life out there and that we should NOT be trying to contact it.
Stephen Hawking aliens alert: a premature or primitive fear? / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

Old 04-27-2010, 03:22 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,653,708 times
Considering how many folks -- and especially those in power -- react to others not quite like themselves here on earth, I must concur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Stephen Hawking recently said that there is most probably life out there and that we should NOT be trying to contact it.
Stephen Hawking aliens alert: a premature or primitive fear? / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

Old 04-27-2010, 03:26 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
Considering how many folks -- and especially those in power -- react to others not quite like themselves here on earth, I must concur.
If ya think about it, any lifeform that could contact Earth or, come here would be pretty advanced and, could look at humans as just something in the way to be controlled or eradicated to make the planet available for their use.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:33 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,411 times
No, I suspect they would be way beyond us in energy use and living conditions, so they wouldn't need the planet. They would most likely avoid us like the plague. Hence the reason we have never been formally contacted. Maybe a few flybys, but no real contact. We most likely would try and bomb them if they came near.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:44 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,411 times
Where I grew up in Appalachia, young boys were notorious for taking a whiz off the back porch. It was 1956 when this happened. I ran out of the house to the back porch, and began my business. About half way through this brilliant white light bathed the whole area. It was intense, and it was so bright, that our chickens came out of the chicken coop and the roosters began crowing. This would have been about 9:30 in the summer. I was so afraid that I couldn't talk. I kept making a grunting noise, and finally my mother and father came to see what was up. This object was a bright light, not any kind of photo luminescence, but a man (or alien) made light. You could read a book in it. It hovered around for about 5 minutes and then just took off, and it was gone. No noise, nothing tangible, it just left.

We were not the only ones to see the light that night. We had hunters who hunted all night in the woods with their dogs. They saw the light also, and it made them so afraid, they left their dogs in the woods to hunt alone. Well, if you have ever seen someone leave a $1500 dog in the woods, you know what I mean. The hunters left all their dogs in the woods. The next day, it was the talk of the community. Everyone had seen it. In fact a state government employee had reported it and they scrambled a couple of jets to see what was going on. From what I heard , the flying light, just played with the jets. It darted in and out in between the jets stopping to to look at them, and just as suddenly as it appeared, it was gone. This story has been told by all the old men in the community since 1959. Was it a weather balloon, no way.....I don't know what it was.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:57 PM

2 posts, read 4,528 times
I thought you had said you've seen something like this... what you claim to have seen sounds like what's in these pictures. No? If you had really seen anything like this then you would not be so quick to pass these photos up as birds! I've tried taking pics of birds to see if they may look similar to these orbs, just as a test, and you can definitely see the wings and tails and heads,,, what you should do is copy that photo to your computer and use it on a program where you can zoom in on it and see they are just spherical objects and not birds. Sorry no little grey men, good luck finding a real picture of that.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:11 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samadams111 View Post
I thought you had said you've seen something like this... what you claim to have seen sounds like what's in these pictures. No? If you had really seen anything like this then you would not be so quick to pass these photos up as birds! I've tried taking pics of birds to see if they may look similar to these orbs, just as a test, and you can definitely see the wings and tails and heads,,, what you should do is copy that photo to your computer and use it on a program where you can zoom in on it and see they are just spherical objects and not birds. Sorry no little grey men, good luck finding a real picture of that.
If you're talking to me ...yes I did see something similar to the photos you posted. (your link is gone). There are lots of things in the sky. My brother and I watched an orb exactly like one of the ones in your photo one 4th of July for a long time before I went after binoculars. When I got back with them it was gone. I have seen some truly remarkable things in the night sky too but I don't elaborate on them. People think you're a kook if you talk about this stuff too much. I am NOT dismissing your sighting believe me! I'm a believer. I'm sure that something strange is going on . I can't explain it which is why I'd like to see the guys in the Buick land on the White House lawn and show themselves....while they're at it they can take the current President for a ride to ....Pluto!!??

Old 04-30-2010, 06:01 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times
UFOs are not extraterrestrial. UFOs are, in fact, time-travel vehicles from the future. What's more: they're hot rod time-travel vehicles favored by teenagers of the future. They are coming back to the late 20th and early 21st centuries in order to obtain the chemical recipe for Twinkies, which has been lost in the future. Which also explains why so many alien abductees are "probed." If you'll check the records, every single abductee admitted to having eaten a Twinkie prior to being abducted. The future teens were probing the abductees digestive tract in order to take a chemical analysis of the digesting Twinkies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine