Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the media is too intrusive in celebrities personal lives
Yes 23 88.46%
No 3 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 04:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,405 times

Advertisements

My brother and i painted judd nelsons mothers house in falmouth maine and we met judd and his mother to talk about what they wanted done and they are a very trusting people and down to earth. After we were done talking they said we will be out of town so here is the key lockup when you leave is all we ask.We shook hands and said ty and left.

Last edited by neogeo; 03-15-2009 at 04:25 AM.. Reason: misspelled a word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainer61 View Post
My grandfather made baseball bats for Ted Williams....many, many years ago.
Elmo Wright was my grandfather would like to talk to you if I could.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:48 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,821,669 times
I see someone finally mentioned Liv Tyler, I believe her mother still lives in the Portland area.

Probably the biggest big shot I ever met was when I worked for Harrison Ford for a couple of days out in Jackson, WY. Real nice guy! I was working on his wood floors and on one of the days he comes over to tell me that he was headed into town and if it started raining to please put his coveralls inside. It did start raining and when I grabbed them they were stuck to the chair he had just painted. oops

Old 08-10-2010, 07:51 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,659,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby341 View Post
CAUTION......... This person has been fishing for personal information on the forum.... Do not reply to their inquiries.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:48 AM

16,660 posts, read 15,651,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby341 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
CAUTION......... This person has been fishing for personal information on the forum.... Do not reply to their inquiries.
That was the one and only post on CD from that user. Is that a second user account?

(Maybe it's a celebrity stalker?? )

Old 08-10-2010, 12:25 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,544,063 times
A few years back, when The Brown Bag Lunch was still operating in Brewer, I was standing in line behind Stephen King getting ready to place my order. My son and I sat at a table right near him as we ate. He was alone and reading "Cold Mountain" and had on his son's athletic jacket from Bangor High School.. Another day for lunch we saw him eating alone again at the Pancake restaurant out by the mall.

We also sat a few rows behind he and Tabby at the movie "Delores Claiborne". There probably were no more than 12 people in the theater and I was chicken to go up to him and say hello and tell him we had eaten the previous week at their daugher's restaurant in Portland. Most people here just let him live his life and rarely bother him with requests for autographs etc.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:31 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,544,063 times
I know it was "way back" now - but Katherine Hepburn used to love the pies that that market in the center of Southwest Harbor and was seen there from time to time.

Pegdub -- I believe that Don McLean also has a summer place in Castine.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:32 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,659,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
That was the one and only post on CD from that user. Is that a second user account?

(Maybe it's a celebrity stalker?? )
My thoughts exactly I reported it as just too coincidental. They also sent me a DM requesting personal information. I know who my Uncle's Grandson is and he isn't it.!

Old 08-10-2010, 01:42 PM

124 posts, read 163,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
I believe that Don McLean also has a summer place in Castine.

It's Camden (unless he's moved or has another house). Did some work there almost 20 years ago. Caught a glimpse of his office and saw his gold record for American Pie. Very cool.
I see Oliver Platt riding his bike on North Haven every summer.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:00 PM

12,420 posts, read 3,230,754 times
Don McLean's wife is a photographer who approached me in a Camden store to take pictures of my daughter. We went to their house where he would yell "hello" downstairs to me. We would have conversations like that. I thought it was a little strange, but didn't even realize who he was until about 3 weeks later!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine