Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 10:01 AM

411 posts, read 899,200 times

Advertisements

Hoping you all can give me a heads up on something.. I need a place to get a medium sized dog kennel/crate for a Beagle mix dog. She's about 25-30lbs. I am going to have to travel out of state for a family emergency, my mom is in the hospital, and will need to bring the doggie w/ me. Right now all we have is a HUGE metal kennel that holds both the pit and the beagle mix, but I need to leave the kennel at home for the pit.

Anyway, the trip is going to stretch the budget as it is, so I need the best prices on kennels that you've seen lately, so that I can run and get one w/out looking all over creation for it!! Thanks!

Oh hey, just a though, does anyone know if there's a place to rent them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 10:18 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,110,497 times
If nobody has one to lend you, and if you have the time to order, the best prices are normally online. Or --- I think Walmart and Target might also have them, but dunno about the lasting quality there.

Maybe your vet would have one you could borrow?

Online, try Cherrybrook (VariKennel "Kennel Cabs" are economical)
Dog Crates and More - Cherrybrook

Last edited by Boomerang; 05-02-2008 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: removed 1 suggestion due to price

Old 05-02-2008, 11:59 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,365,235 times
Check in Uncle Henry's. Walmart has the best prices of any stores around.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:34 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,698,914 times
I would also check craigslist.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:01 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,110,497 times
Agree on the Craigslist -- some examples

Petmate Vari Kennel Dog Crate XL (http://maine.craigslist.org/for/662510423.html - broken link)

Dog Crate (broken link)

DOG CRATE (broken link)

You can also post in the wanted section
maine items wanted classifieds - craigslist

Old 05-02-2008, 02:08 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,656,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddinAroundFarm View Post
Hoping you all can give me a heads up on something.. I need a place to get a medium sized dog kennel/crate for a Beagle mix dog. She's about 25-30lbs. I am going to have to travel out of state for a family emergency, my mom is in the hospital, and will need to bring the doggie w/ me. Right now all we have is a HUGE metal kennel that holds both the pit and the beagle mix, but I need to leave the kennel at home for the pit.

Anyway, the trip is going to stretch the budget as it is, so I need the best prices on kennels that you've seen lately, so that I can run and get one w/out looking all over creation for it!! Thanks!

Oh hey, just a though, does anyone know if there's a place to rent them?
Darn, I wish I had read this earlier today... we have a large plastic one that might just do the job for your pup. You could have checked it out and K could have carried it along on your collective rounds today. Give me a holler... it is in storage and we can bring it by for you to look at. Actually there are two, either one might work (then there are the individual cat size ones, that wouldn't... )

Old 05-03-2008, 10:00 AM

411 posts, read 899,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
Darn, I wish I had read this earlier today... we have a large plastic one that might just do the job for your pup. You could have checked it out and K could have carried it along on your collective rounds today. Give me a holler... it is in storage and we can bring it by for you to look at. Actually there are two, either one might work (then there are the individual cat size ones, that wouldn't... )
lol, K mentioned that yesterday while we were out. I won't be going until probably tomorrow if I go at this point. Things seem to be somewhat looking up, but time will tell. Probably another week in the hospital, but I may not HAVE to end up going. I'll know by tomorrow or this evening, at the earliest. So I'll be giving you a call for sure... and we'll maybe swing up and look at them. Unless you guys would like to still do supper here this evening??? I'll give ya a holler!

Thanks everyone for the Craigslist suggestions, I hadn't thought about that.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:13 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,656,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddinAroundFarm View Post
lol, K mentioned that yesterday while we were out. I won't be going until probably tomorrow if I go at this point. Things seem to be somewhat looking up, but time will tell. Probably another week in the hospital, but I may not HAVE to end up going. I'll know by tomorrow or this evening, at the earliest. So I'll be giving you a call for sure... and we'll maybe swing up and look at them. Unless you guys would like to still do supper here this evening??? I'll give ya a holler!

Thanks everyone for the Craigslist suggestions, I hadn't thought about that.
the ones we have are all the plastic type with a grate door... I am sure the big one would be big enough but K had the feeling you were looking for more of the standard doggie type, all metal. Our big one came from Salvation Army, and was set up originally to hold a parrot or other big bird; I got it with the idea of being able to stuff ALL the cats in (there were fewer then...) for emergency hurricane evac.

We have to go out for a bit... not sure about supper but I am thinking not at this point. I didn't get as much done for that client as I had hoped yesterday, as I had to clean up after the ones that departed, get their domains moved, etc. Lots of picky, time-consuming BS... but at least the one who was wanting to leave and had an outstanding balance paid (only after I put him over the barrel though... )

We won't be out terribly long. give us a holler if you want to look at the carrier it IS at the front of the storage unit!

Old 05-04-2008, 08:45 AM

104 posts, read 387,854 times
PetEdge.com Wholesale prices on exclusive dog grooming and pet supplies. They are located in Woburn, MA and are a wholesaler. You can order it and then drive down to pick it up or have it shipped. When I had my kennel/groomng business I found they had the best prices for anything dog/cat related.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:45 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,365,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineL View Post
PetEdge.com Wholesale prices on exclusive dog grooming and pet supplies. They are located in Woburn, MA and are a wholesaler. You can order it and then drive down to pick it up or have it shipped. When I had my kennel/groomng business I found they had the best prices for anything dog/cat related.
At today's gasoline prices, that would be one mighty pricey crate! Granted Woburn is just outside of Boston, but at almost $4/gallon, y'all do the math!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine