Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2008, 08:32 AM

4 posts, read 9,423 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I am looking for any and all info about the area. I am not new to maine, but will be moving to Perry the end of May. I grew up in Bass Harbor (mount desert island), lived in Ellsworth for a few years and then moved out to Green Baby WI. We moved here last May due to the Coast Guard transfering my husband out here. He just got orders to Eastport where we will be for 4+ years. We just made an offer on a house in Perry, and the owner excepted so it feels more real now! I CANT wait to move back to Maine! I cant even begin to tell you how sucky it is out here! I am a small town girl thats for sure...hate having to take the highway EVERYWHERE! YUCK!

A little about me..I am 26, married to my husband Jared who is 28 for 5 years. I am currently a SAHM and have been since we moved out here, before I worked at a garage in Bass Harbor as a bookkepper. My husband is in the Coast Guard and has almost 10 years in. We have two boys, Aiden who 20 months old, and Will who is 6 weeks. I plan to babysit a couple kids when we get there and get settled so I can continue to stay at home.

I look forward to any info you guys can give me!

Melissa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 08:56 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,971,814 times
Hi Melissa and welcome to the forum - several of us live in or around Eastport including myself, right now in the Spring, Summer and Fall - but in 2 years hubby and I will be there permantently. It's a great place with lots to do.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:09 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,379,799 times
Welcome to the forum and congratulations. I'm so glad that you get to come home. There are many members that live in that area, it's quite a nice place to be it seems, lots of wonderful folk.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:17 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,875,385 times
Hi Missy! Welcome to the forum.

I currently live just south of you in Appleton, and ya, it sucks. We too are looking to return to Maine later this year. We considered moving way out to Eastport but have since come to the realization that it might be just a tad too far removed for our needs as well as regarding my husbands job prospects. However, since your DH already has employment there, you should be fine. It's a beautiful area.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:24 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,419,586 times
I LOVE everything I've seen so far from Belfast north. It has come about for us that we will be landing in Eastport. DH has several locations an easy drive from there to go to work, so we will start our journey there and see what happens.

The entire Downeast area is fantastically gorgeous, but you will need to decide what your personal needs are for shopping, entertainment and employment. Me, personally - I could plop down on a rock in the middle of the woods or overlooking the ocean and just sit and enjoy the wind in my hair, the sun on my face and the sweet smells for hours on end. I'm easy to please!

Good luck, and just remember to enjoy the journey! It's the best part!!

Old 03-30-2008, 09:32 AM

16,663 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Look here for just about every link in the world about Eastport and the surronding area:

Eastport, Maine Area Information Directory

Old 03-30-2008, 09:50 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,518,253 times
That's an awesome directory that mensa guy mentioned. That's how I found CD. Eastport rules. Looks like we've just added another ya-ya and yo-yo!!! Welcome, Missy!

Michelle

Old 03-30-2008, 12:54 PM

513 posts, read 896,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Look here for just about every link in the world about Eastport and the surronding area:

Eastport, Maine Area Information Directory
Great site, My family and I are venturing that way this summer and this helps in planning our visit. thanks for the link.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:51 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,489,967 times
Welcome to Eastport. My DW and I have a house there. She will be there in early June and Stay until August. I will be there off and on, a commuter from Florida to Maine.

You will enjoy the area!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:09 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,518,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine4.us View Post
Welcome to Eastport. My DW and I have a house there. She will be there in early June and Stay until August. I will be there off and on, a commuter from Florida to Maine.

You will enjoy the area!
Oh no... we will miss you two. If we do go up this year, it will be in September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine