Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 507 times

Advertisements

Hello! My family just found out we may be relocating to Maine for my husband's job. We have 3 children and figured it is best to rent for the winter season. I have scoured these forums and am appreciative of all the info you have shared. I am trying to narrow down the best place for us to start. My husband's job will be in Kittery, a 45 minute commute would be acceptable.
Our priorities are school system, little league, year-round community. Let me know what you think may be a good fit!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 12:30 PM

12,408 posts, read 9,510,794 times
Durham, NH is a pretty nice town south of the Piscataquah River that forms the southern border of Kittery. The main campus of the state university (UNH) is there and it's a year-round community. It's part of the Oyster River Cooperative School District , which has a very good reputation. The towns of Lee & Madbury are also in this school system - those latter two are small towns population-wise anyway. Durham is probably about 25-30 minutes from Kittery.

P.S. I went to grad school at UNH years ago, lived in Durham and Lee and was all over the area on foot and by bike - it was a really nice area back then and from my visits up there in the past year or two, I think it still is.

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 08-09-2018 at 01:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine