Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 06:08 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,109 times

Advertisements

Owww, I loved reading everyone's posts on this.

I haven't had a reunion yet. My 20 year is coming up and I haven't heard a word. Someone I did go to school with mentioned doing some big gathering where it would of cost almost $80 (something like this) per person but it never happened, and I never heard about it.

Most of my class at this point may have kids and dealing with a mortage.
I was hoping our first reunion would be a pot luck or something reasonable in cost so they had no excuse not to go. We may of been different kinds of people in different groups, but all and all we all got along.
I'm not going for the food anyways, I want to say hi to my past and see how everyone is. That's what I would really like.

Mainebrokerman, I just loved your post, that was so fun to read.
Ooh, and I didn't have a crush on anyone in my class... so romance will not be in the air when I attend.
All the girls in my class basically were giggly over the older classmen who were the " James Dean" of high school. Most of them are either doing time, laying on a recliner watching ole James Dean.

That's okay Moughie, when your ready your ready.

Northern Maine Man Land... I enjoyed your post too.

ohh I couldn't imagin climbing into that dress I wore to the senior prom. I look at it and I just gasp in horror.
I don't mind wearing something nice, but not that prom remix outfit. ( giggling some)

"Have tons of fun risingsun!!"
0ooh do we tell stories? I have seen shows where people say yes I have my own medical practice and a beach house in Florida.

Last edited by peachie_in_maine; 04-06-2008 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: adding and subtracting equals better english
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 10:56 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,578,942 times
From George Carlin's, New Rules for 2008

Stop giving me that pop up add for Classmates.com! There's a reason you don't talk to people for 25 years. Because you don't particularly like them! Besides, I already know what the captain of the football team is doing these days...mowing my lawn!

Old 04-06-2008, 11:09 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,877,204 times
30 years for me this year too, but have never been to any of the earlier reunions and don't plan to start now. I have stayed in touch with the people who were true friends back then.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:26 AM

37,465 posts, read 61,388,499 times
I attended my 25th re-union, I traveled from Italy to get there. I was recently retired and I was curious to see if I could re-connect with my hometown.

From a class of 760 or so, there were maybe 100 who attended the re-union.

It was neat to be in a room of folks that are all within +/- 1 year of my age, and to see how 'we' are aging.

I had transferred into that highschool as a sophomore, and I began working full-time that year. So I never attended any school football games or rallies, etc. I did attend the proms, but otherwise I was not active socially with the 'in' crowds.

I always attended the photo shoots, and my parents got my class photos. However since nobody in the school 'body' really knew me, when they put together each yearbook they never included my photos. Each yearbook has a page at the end with students whose photos were not included, my name is listed there each year.

A group of the cheerleaders put together the re-unions. They scan someones yearbook and make name-tags with each persons senior year picture on it. Which is a neat idea. My name-tag was blank of course. As they could not find a photo of me, and they did not bother to ask me before the event.

I dragged one friend to the re-union, he did not want to go, as highschool was not an enjoyable experience for him. When we got to the re-union, he was the only person that I recognized. And interestingly nobody there recognized me.

I made a long trip, and outside of my buddy who I have maintained contact with anyway, I did not meet anyone that I knew.

I did not attend the 30 year re-union.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:31 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

I dragged one friend to the re-union, he did not want to go, as highschool was not an enjoyable experience for him. When we got to the re-union, he was the only person that I recognized. And interestingly nobody there recognized me.

I made a long trip, and outside of my buddy who I have maintained contact with anyway, I did not meet anyone that I knew.

I did not attend the 30 year re-union.
That's to bad." Your class was very big. My graduating class was under 50.
(humm)

Old 04-07-2008, 07:34 AM

37,465 posts, read 61,388,499 times
One of the reasons why we were very happy with moving to Maine is that our youngest son's highschool has under 100 kids per class.

My highschool had around 3,000 kids, so outside of your 'click' you did not know anyone. When I was a senior each of the following classes behind me, were larger than the previous class, the town was growing.

Whereas we think that in a school with only 90 seniors [or less], than there is a greater chance that one student might actually know most of the other seniors.

Granted here they have likely known each other since they were in first grade, it looks like it would be a neat culture.

We moved to Maine in 2005 it is now 2008; by the lifestyle we have experienced since my Dw and I were 20, we should be packing to move again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine