Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 06:11 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,390 times

Advertisements

Well, I have been a member here for just months, and lucky enough - by chance
I met AustinB and his beauiful wife while I was at the restaurant.

My husband and I were able to have some time with them both and get to know them and discuss Maine things too. I enjoyed it very much!
Thank you both.

So my Fun Question is...
If this happened with you, ...
Who was your first meeting with and (or will be-if planned) ???

*p.s. I'm going to try and stop using color text.
HOnestly..... it helps me find things quickly so... I decided to try only leaving color in my name. " Here goes".

Tami~peachie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 06:16 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post

My husband and I were able to have some time with them both and get to know them and discuss Maine things too. I enjoyed it very much!
Thank you both.

So my Fun Question is...

HOnestly..... it helps me find things quickly so... I decided to try only leaving color in my name. " Here goes".

Tami~peachie

Corgis and Mensaguy, told us to just come knock on their door when we got to town, so we did. Had a great chat, got the tour of the house plus renovations both finished and future. It was wonderful. That would have been in September. Hoping to meet more Eastportians next trip up.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:18 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:

Thank you both.

So my Fun Question is...

Tami~peachie

hiya tami, good thread,
i've yet to actually meet anyone,,,im still a face-to-face virgin...

most on here seem very interesting and decent and would enjoy meeting all

Old 04-13-2008, 06:23 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
I had lunch with Mollysmiles recently. I need to call her! so we can figure out a time to have lunch and Nook 'n Cranny. Jj and K have been to visit! I need to get out there now. It's hard to get away from work but we're setting aside one weekend day for family things now. And one of these mornings I'm going to be in Lee at the right time to have breakfast with NMLM.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
hiya tami, good thread,
i've yet to actually meet anyone,,,im still a face-to-face virgin...

most on here seem very interesting and decent and would enjoy meeting all

Good Morning Drama & Mainebroker,
I loved that Drama meeting story... Your braver then I am and that's great!!.

AustinB & his wife came by my restaurant last night, and I came out to their table ( after the server said" hi to peachie in maine from AustinB." )
Huhhh I thought... and then I realized it was from here. I didn't expect it, it was great.
Now we just have to get Mainebroker out and about!
Tami ~peachie

Last edited by peachie_in_maine; 04-13-2008 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: removed a sentence

Old 04-13-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I had lunch with Mollysmiles recently. I need to call her! so we can figure out a time to have lunch and Nook 'n Cranny. Jj and K have been to visit! I need to get out there now. It's hard to get away from work but we're setting aside one weekend day for family things now. And one of these mornings I'm going to be in Lee at the right time to have breakfast with NMLM.

Wow.. you have had lots of visits Mainewriter.
That's great!! I'm new here, and having this chance to meet those I'm posting and drinking morning coffee with is alot of fun.
I understand hard to get away. I am usually in 4 places most of the time and I hardly ever get to go out of the "square."

Tami ~peachie

Old 04-13-2008, 06:41 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Quote:
AustinB & his wife came by my restaurant last night, and I came out to their table ( after the server said" hi to peachie in maine from AustinB." )
Huhhh I thought... and then I realized it was from here. I didn't expect it, it was great.
Now we just have to get Mainebroker out and about! Hungry?? I'd be wavin' from Route 9.
Tami ~peachie

Don't think it would be considered advertising if I ask, so here goes. What restaurant do you have? If I get in your area (not sure where that is either, hint-hint) , I am always looking to stop by places to eat. Would love to throw business your way instead of stopping by one of the chains during a trip.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:45 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
I briefly met FOREST BEEKEEPER at the Common Grounds fair last fall. Then he and his son showed up (with muscles up and running!) to help us unload the truck when we got here.

Have visited with MSINA several times and as MAINE WRITER said, took a trip up to visit her. My geographically challenged brain didn't realize at the time that the trip to her place put us in NORTHERN MAINE LAND MAN and MOLLYSMILES territory as well, so I didn't make plans to meet up with them as well... but I WANT to!

NMLM and MOLLY... when would be good for you. Gotta catch me before I get too tied up with a 9-5 (as yet to be determined), my new client (YEAH!! I got one in Maine!!) and my home (still lookin'...)

Old 04-13-2008, 06:48 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post

Maine Writer, I'm so jealous.. I was going to be the first from the forum to meet mollysmiles, but things happened and she was unable to meet during our very short stay.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Don't think it would be considered advertising if I ask, so here goes.
I believe it would be. I'll drop you a DM.
Tami ~peachie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine