Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2020, 07:36 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
You're supposed to shelter in place for 14 days so you'll need to bring groceries with you. You can go out to your yard but don't be near anyone you're not quarantined with in your home. Is there a neighbor who would bring you anything you run out of and can't do without?

I live in a tiny rural town and see how four families on my road handled their quarantine period in summer homes/camps. One family of five was up and down the road several times a day starting the day after they arrived from GA. They tried to stop to talk but I refused. They probably think I'm a B because I said we'd chat in a couple of weeks. Two couples brought everything they need and parked their out-of-state vehicles in the garage and behind the house so they wouldn't worry anyone. They've been here four and five weeks (I think...) One family of four is back and forth from MA most weekends. They didn't go out the first month but I've noticed them back and forth several times in a few days. I think they're going to the store to park and use wifi. I don't know if any of this is useful but it might give you an idea of how it's being handled in my tiny neighborhood.
Maine Writer...thank you! Your answer was exactly what I was looking for. I am a germaphobic, so I won't be out running around where there are people. I do have a neighbor back home (meaning Maine) that is constantly on the road. Every time they leave in their vehicle, it sets off my surveillance cameras! I cannot figure out where the heck these people have to go 5 times per day. These same neighbors are the ones that said that they will call the sheriff's department if anyone shows up with out of state license plates to their homes. This is why I was trying to find out more of the specifics of the quarantine. If I take a ride solo in my car to go to my parents estate to clean out, I don't see a problem with that. There are no neighbors near their estate and I'm by myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 07:38 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNolan View Post
Most places will do curbside, I'm not sure about the 14 day quarantine if you can leave your home or not. This is just an assumption on my part but you should be able to get groceries, you can't be expected to go 2 weeks without food. If you know anyone in the area in Maine you live in see if they can find out if any organizations are offering a service to pickup and deliver your food for you.
Thank you!!!

Old 05-01-2020, 09:50 AM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/

The four states whose governors have never issued a lockdown, have Covid-19 death rates as follows.

ND - 2 deaths / 100,000
SD - 1 / 100,000
Neb - 3 / 100,000
Iowa - 4 / 100,000

Meanwhile here in Maine.

Maine - 4 / 100,000

and
NY - 98 / 100,000

So how much good was done by issuing a lockdown order?

These states aren't looking so hot right now. Neb now is #1 for the fastest growing # of cases, Iowa #2 and ND #5. SD is #25 and ME is way down there at #42. VT is #50. ME must be doing something right, don't you say?

States where the virus is growing the fastest right now

Old 05-01-2020, 06:11 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Sorry! What I am saying is, I DO have a home in Maine and I need to come home from another state, but I live by myself in a rural area. I will need to get groceries, but obviously I'm not going to go shopping inside the grocery store. So, if you are under quarantine can you at least go get groceries if you use curbside pickup? Someone told me that I cannot even go outside my door for 14 days when I get back to Maine.
Buy food before going into quarantine.

Old 05-02-2020, 07:47 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,067,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/

The four states whose governors have never issued a lockdown, have Covid-19 death rates as follows.

ND - 2 deaths / 100,000
SD - 1 / 100,000
Neb - 3 / 100,000
Iowa - 4 / 100,000

Meanwhile here in Maine.

Maine - 4 / 100,000

and
NY - 98 / 100,000

So how much good was done by issuing a lockdown order?
But population density plays a huge role in the spread of the virus. It's much easier to practice social distancing in places with fewer people. The bulk of the NY cases are based in NYC, which is a bit more densely populated any of those top 4 states. Without the lockdown order, NYC would look like a zombie apocalypse.

Old 05-02-2020, 08:22 AM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeCoffee View Post
But population density plays a huge role in the spread of the virus. It's much easier to practice social distancing in places with fewer people. The bulk of the NY cases are based in NYC, which is a bit more densely populated any of those top 4 states. Without the lockdown order, NYC would look like a zombie apocalypse.
That and places like rural ME would not be enjoying the low number of cases they are at this time (even with their proximity to Portland as well as Mass.). That's the irony many are failing to see here.

Old 05-02-2020, 01:23 PM

1,884 posts, read 2,895,216 times
Read the four stages proposed by Janet Mills for reopening Maine.

https://www.maine.gov/governor/mills...omy-2020-04-28

If you enter Maine from out-of-state, quarantine for 14 days. Respect Maine and her residents. Bring groceries with you and/or have Shaw's deliver or do a Walmart pick up order enough groceries for two weeks on your way to quarantine. Stay out of the stores for 14 days and stay home. You can walk outside and stand in your dooryahd. Don't get close to other people during quarantine except those you live with. Delivery drivers such as UPS and FEDex drop off packages and hit the road, maximizing social distancing. I respect them for that. Not everyone who gets the virus dies, but some people die. Some show few or no symptoms; others are miserably sick. It's not just old people who are dying.

Many restaurants are offering curbside pick up and/or delivery, seem to prefer you pay with card rather than cash.

Last edited by mainegrl2011; 05-02-2020 at 01:44 PM..

Old 05-03-2020, 07:29 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,898 times
I was trying to get some information on Gov. Mills reopening plan, I think i found it.
https://babylonbee.com/news/governor...-next-10-years

Old 05-04-2020, 08:32 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
I think our Governor just put the final nail in the coffin of any decent restaurant in Maine, hope you all like Burger King and Pizza, because that's all that will be left.
contradicting your message of doom is off topic, so I'll agree, its all over, we're doomed.

Old 05-05-2020, 02:11 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
In today's news.

Scientists have identified a new strain of the coronavirus that has become dominant worldwide and appears to be more contagious than the versions that spread in the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a new study led by scientists at Los Alamos National Laboratory.

The new strain appeared in February in Europe, migrated quickly to the East Coast of the United States and has been the dominant strain across the world since mid-March, the scientists wrote.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...x1rPt38-67yzhw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine