U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 04:43 PM

6,200 posts, read 11,964,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by American girl View Post
Boating on Graham Lake, which is full! It’s rare to have such nice boating weather this early! Took our lunch and our chihuahua. Saw just one other boat.
Little bit envious! Enjoy!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 03:08 PM

Venturing out to Shuckins for seafood. We worked hard all weekend. Time for a little fun. Hope everyone's had a good weekend in this gorgeous weather.

Old 05-27-2020, 01:26 PM

5,469 posts, read 2,179,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American girl View Post
We drove around Graham Lake looking at waterfront property that we don’t have any intention of buying
You're driving the prices up for those of us who are serious buyers with absolutely no money.

Old 05-27-2020, 03:55 PM

1,312 posts, read 688,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
You're driving the prices up for those of us who are serious buyers with absolutely no money.

If you have absolutely no money, by definition you are not a serious buyer. ;-)

But back OT, here's what I'm doing-
Sitting on the back porch watching an absolutely brilliantly red scarlet tanager take himself a truly proper bath in the brook. Up and down he flies from the water to his special grooming branch and back .. fluffing and shaking himself.. straightening those errant feathers..

Life is good.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:24 PM

I'm waiting. Sometime between noon and 3 pm someone will be here for a delivery. If I go back to work I'll have a loud AC competing with a loud commercial convection oven and won't hear the truck when it arrives at the house. So here I sit, being lazy, enjoying every minute of it.

Old 05-28-2020, 04:04 PM

2,542 posts, read 5,766,825 times
86° here today...........ahhhhh....yep vitamin D is good for an attitude adjustment....jab me with a fork......
FAQ
Q. A. Nonly

Old 05-29-2020, 12:26 PM

616 posts, read 1,088,155 times
30 mile boat trip on Graham Lake. 15 miles from our place to Goodwin’s Bridge on Rte 181 and back. Packed a Picnic lunch. Took the dog. Gone four hours. Slow going in shallow spots. Saw just one other boat with a couple fishing. Beautiful day to be out on a Maine Lake.

Old 05-29-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I'm waiting. Sometime between noon and 3 pm someone will be here for a delivery. If I go back to work I'll have a loud AC competing with a loud commercial convection oven and won't hear the truck when it arrives at the house. So here I sit, being lazy, enjoying every minute of it.
Waiting again, this time for Lowe's to call to schedule a third delivery day. I'm going to take a ride to Eastport after work. This stretch of beautiful days is wonderful.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:23 PM

5,469 posts, read 2,179,996 times
I see clouds coming over, I'll be glad to see the rain, this has been a heat wave too soon for me.
I've got the ceiling fan running, I want the cold again.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:32 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,007,030 times
With everything going on in this country at this moment sitting here listening to my wife. Her strong desire to not be a part of NY state any more. To resume an old dream of ours when first married, to move to Maine. She shared her Maine with me when we were dating, she worked for a summer at the Oakland House in Brookseville. Fell in love with the blue hill area. Upon my visit I was awed by the Terrain. How the hills ran into the bay's. The outdoors and endless miles of trails and streams. Yup, raising bees, chickens, fruit trees, raspberries, vegetables, all got put on hold. I turned a job offer down 21 years ago there and sold my work soul to NYC. I found out "all that glitters is not gold". Who is richer? the person living life on a few acres, working the earth, or the person on the hamster wheel chasing the next dollar, who barely owns a quarter acre to grow food except as a "hobby". Well anyway that's what we're doing not in Maine, so please cherish your state!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine