U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2020, 08:42 AM

24 posts, read 29,879 times

Advertisements

I’m looking for land ...I’ve actually put an offer on 4 acres in Cary...$9,800..
I need to know how much it would cost to clear a quarter of an acre for my 12 by 20 modular cabin.
Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 11:16 AM

31,381 posts, read 69,833,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantatomaine View Post
I need to know how much it would cost to clear a quarter of an acre...
How many quality hardwoods are in the way? Enough and they'll pay YOU to clear.

Right up next to the County Road... or will they need to ALSO clear the lane TO the house as well?
Once clear... will you want them to dig out the foundation? The septic tank?
And who is doing the survey & layout work?

Can you coordinate all this to be done at one time? If so then the mobilization costs
--dump truck dragging the low boy with backhoe-- and a day or three on site might be all.

Old 06-03-2020, 12:17 PM

900 posts, read 405,001 times
As above, the OP needs to be more specific on what he/she wants and needs to be done as part of 'clearing'.

Just curious: What does the modular cabin set upon, OP? Wood pilings or concrete piers, or a foundation or are there skids under it? If on skids, what are you going to do when the ground heaves and settles each year and leaves the cabin askew? Are you pricing this part out separately?

Old 06-10-2020, 04:11 AM

10,231 posts, read 16,147,796 times
Your quarter acre will be roughly 100 feet square. Do you want it stumped? As said above, the logger may pay you for the wood. However, all the tops and slash will still be there unless you arrange to have the stumps removed and a stump dump located at the edge of the clearing. I have an Amish 10 by 20 shed on a gravel pad. It has not moved in 20 years. I have power to the shed. It is undergroud in a conduit. Easy to do with a tractor mounted back hoe.

Cary is reasonavly level. You might be able to have a dug well installed.

Cary just deorganized which will mean very low taxes. Welcome to Maine.

Old 06-11-2020, 04:03 PM

24 posts, read 29,879 times
Thanks for the replies..found out the property has a clearing with driveway..I’m very fortunate with this property...it seems properties are selling rather quickly...all the properties I’ve looked at since the beginning of March have all sold.
I like the fact I’m only 15 minutes from Houlton...and have power at the road.. I’ll be there the first week of July.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:08 AM

6,198 posts, read 11,959,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantatomaine View Post
Thanks for the replies..found out the property has a clearing with driveway..I’m very fortunate with this property...it seems properties are selling rather quickly...all the properties I’ve looked at since the beginning of March have all sold.
I like the fact I’m only 15 minutes from Houlton...and have power at the road.. I’ll be there the first week of July.
Good for you! A few of the lots that had tents and/or campers in May now have mailboxes up. They're staying and starting to build. You did well to find a great place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: