Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2020, 10:17 PM

10 posts, read 15,162 times

Advertisements

Hello!
My husband and I are considering moving our family (us and our two boys, ages 8 and 5) to Wells. We are interested in a new construction, and came across the The Villages at Hobbs Pond/Forest Glen at Hobbs Pond community in our search for homes. We are wondering if anyone currently lives in this community, and can tell us about it? Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 07:39 AM

12 posts, read 12,493 times
Default The Villages at Hobbs Pond

We also were considering these homes. I know some are for over 55 only but that is all I know at this time. We are looking at homes in various areas including Wells Maine but the virus has slowed down our search some. I hope someone from the area replies.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:21 AM

12,411 posts, read 9,510,794 times
No direct knowledge... but I went to the website and recognize Chinburg builders - they build in southern NH & southern ME and do a pretty nice job. Also the designs are from Wendy Welton - she's based in southern NH and has a pretty large catalog of plans. The ones currently shown here are just a fraction:
Artform Home Plans - Great Home Design, Ready to Build, Custom, or Both

Not every one is a winner, but overall, I like her designs and think they are practical and well suited to New England. She has many smaller plans too. I've met her and found her very down to earth, and as architects go, reasonably priced. She will adapt her designs to suit or design from scratch for you if you like. Chinburg will likely have some flexibility for you to choose other plans from Wendy Welton that aren't shown on the Hobbs Pond development website... so if you have serious interest I'd suggest exploring options for tailoring the design at least a little bit to best suit your needs, whether that's picking another one out of the ArtForm catalogue, or getting Ms Welton to adapt one for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: