Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 11:15 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,667,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
well i went down to the capital today to see the IRS man took all my paper work with me.what i paid for the truck and trailor,when i paid it off,and what i got for it when i sold it.it showed i had a net loss of 47,293.85 he told me that we are verry sorry we had no idea.then he said well you know Mr.------- the gov has many programs that you may be able to recoop your losses maybe tax breaks .i told him you people just dont get it do ya its all about money with you how do you put a price on your lifes work a job that you loved .my wife had to drag me out of his office.she said to him if i were you i wouldnt contact us agine.he says but im only doing my job.she said and so was he.
It's kind of late for a tax break after you've been forced to sell off everything isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 11:19 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,202,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
It's kind of late for a tax break after you've been forced to sell off everything isn't it?
oh man you dont no how bad i wanted to choke to s@#$ out of that little ( )

Old 06-04-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
oh man you dont no how bad i wanted to choke to s@#$ out of that little ( )
I think it's time to start the whole governmental system over from scratch!

Old 06-04-2008, 11:24 AM

those people are darn lucky im not in charge.there would be alot of gov people out of work.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:45 AM

We need to elect people who will spend their term going through the current laws and testing them for validity against economic and social drain. It is not any one piece of legislation which overwhelms the taxpayer or angers the populace it is the combination of all of these money grabbing laws that weigh us all down. Government needs to be self limiting and should return to existing laws periodically to be sure their place in the books is still a valid one. Laws should change as society changes and what was a good law 30 or 40 years ago may not apply today. We have too many laws on the books and too many people with their hands in our pockets. Yet they pass these stupid laws for capping imaginary carbon emissions, and will not monitor illegal aliens coming over the southern boder in droves?? People are REALLY getting fed up with Washington. I see no change coming no matter who the next President is.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:18 PM

what i would like to no with the tax they take.
what hapend to the fcc do you see whats on tv these days when i was a kid the worst thing on tv for violence was bonanza.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:58 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,578,942 times
Quote:
what i would like to no with the tax they take.
what hapend to the fcc do you see whats on tv these days when i was a kid the worst thing on tv for violence was bonanza.
At least, there was a moral or ethical consequence for the evil doers.

Check the commercials lately? As bad or worse than the shows. The Feds were so up in arms about Joe Camel billboards. Check out the liquor ads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine