Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 07:44 AM

111 posts, read 331,180 times

Advertisements

hello....i plan on relocating to mid-maine spring of '09.... the area i have been looking at is from athens to burlington ( west & east ) and milo to the bangor area ( north & south)....i am in the market for a small warerfront ( i.e. small river or stream) camp/cabin....i have been doing a lot of research on the web & been corresponding via email with several realtors....also reading posts here among other sites which i find very informative.....i plan to fly to bangor mid august for 2-3 days.....i am looking for a serious guide of sorts to assist me....someone who is an avid outdoorsman/woman/ hunter and knows the mid maine region well....someone who will take me to visit various camps & discuss the mid maine area in general. i can try & arrainge a fri/sat/sun or sat/sun/mon trip as i know people have work obligations......i can forward the listings i am interested in so you'll know what i am looking at for your reference....as my trip will be short i do not want to obilgate a real estate agent to show me camps & spending full days with me....most of the camps i have been looking at are in the 40k to 60k range....so not a huge sale for a realtor to spend a lot of his/her time on...i feel this arraignment im offering would be much more 'comfortable' for me as i wont feel obligated to anyone....on the other hand if someone out there knows of a property i have described...fairly remote....no close neighbors or on any main road i would be grateful for any information one can provide.....once and if i find the place i'm looking for i will then consult a realtor & move forward with the purchase...

as my visit will be short please be serious about this endeavor with me

best regards

jim owens

Last edited by 7th generation; 05-23-2008 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: please for your safety, do not post your e mail. and no solicitations for services
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 08:31 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times
Someone may jump on this for you soon...if not I suggest picking up a copy of The Maine Sportsman newspaper The Maine Sportsman - New England's Largest Outdoors Publication
There are sections of the paper set up by region and guides will list their services in those regional sections. You will surely find someone through that publication.
Good luck!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:51 AM

111 posts, read 331,180 times
thanks for your advise....excellent idea...i will check out the link right way
best
jim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: