Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 08:40 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
so will my truck or motorcycles be targets of vandalism if I don't swap out my Colorado plates right away when I move?
Well, if I were you, I would change my plates right away. The gesture would be much appreciated, I believe, particularly by the law enforcement community

When we moved to Maine back in '87, I took 2 weeks to change my plates. I received my first ticket after 8 days prior to changing my plates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 08:56 PM

6,342 posts, read 11,087,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Well, if I were you, I would change my plates right away. The gesture would be much appreciated, I believe, particularly by the law enforcement community

When we moved to Maine back in '87, I took 2 weeks to change my plates. I received my first ticket after 8 days prior to changing my plates.
Most states give you at least 30 days to switch plates. I am always dragging my feet on this issue and when I lived in Maine I think it took me at least a few months before I got around to it. Nobody bothered me.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:10 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Most states give you at least 30 days to switch plates. I am always dragging my feet on this issue and when I lived in Maine I think it took me at least a few months before I got around to it. Nobody bothered me.
So glad no one bothered you! You did not live in Gray ( as in Life is just ok in Gray, courtesy of the Wicked Good Band)

IMHO, I personally think it is a gesture of common courtesy to change your plates ASAP if you intend to reside in that state. You know all your neighbors are checking you and your vehicle out as you drive by

Old 05-29-2008, 06:14 AM

48,128 posts, read 22,002,483 times
I couldnt wait to get my Maine plates, register to vote and change my Driver's Liscence and get the dogs liscenced......it was all part of becoming a member of the community!

Old 05-29-2008, 07:22 AM

37,462 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I couldnt wait to get my Maine plates, register to vote and change my Driver's Liscence and get the dogs liscenced......it was all part of becoming a member of the community!
You paid to get a license for your dog?

Our town counsel decided that we do not need to require such a thing from pet owners. Ooops, no we don't have a town counsel. My bad

I like having Maine tags on our cars too

Old 05-29-2008, 07:55 AM

48,128 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Default Dog Liscence

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

Our town counsel decided that we do not need to require such a thing from pet owners. Ooops, no we don't have a town counsel. My bad

The money for the dog licences go directly to the humane shelters....so I don't mind paying it at all.

It was only about $6.00. One of my dogs was adopted from a humane society in California......they do good work. The dog shelters here in Maine do a very good job of finding homes for dogs.

Last edited by elston; 05-29-2008 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: never remember how to spell "license"; its one of those words like Worchester or Glouster that trip me up

Old 05-29-2008, 09:04 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

I have to get my golden a license. I'm a bad mom, I haven't gotten around to it.

Tami~peachie

Last edited by peachie_in_maine; 05-29-2008 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: to many gets

Old 06-01-2008, 06:01 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,519,538 times
Quote:
I can identify. I don't plan on moving for quite some time, but already tried to become a member of Eastport's Stage East Theater Co. Alas, 'tis not meant to be. They require you to have been involved in a production first.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:12 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,029 times
Quote:
The money for the dog licences go directly to the humane shelters....so I don't mind paying it at all.

It was only about $6.00. One of my dogs was adopted from a humane society in California......they do good work. The dog shelters here in Maine do a very good job of finding homes for dogs.
I always paid to license my dogs, money well spent just to keep the dog officer happy. $6 bucks is nothing. At least if one of them happened to get loose and run off and someone found them, they'd know who they belonged too. Call it insurance if you don't like the word tax.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:22 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,519,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
dramamama - I thought you were seriously offering to help until I realized just now that you were spoofing my post in friendly funny way! Duh! Ayuh!
Tee hee .. our my little devil horns showing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine