Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 07:44 AM

653 posts, read 1,918,895 times

Advertisements

serving alcohol baverages and allow customer the spend the night in the cell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
My wife was thinking yesterday as we drove past the old Brewer Fire/Police station about buying it and making a restaurant our of it. Dine in the cells (although I don't think there were any in it) staff dressed up in orange jump suits and/or b/w stripped uniforms...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 08:11 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
Just think of all the summer guests you could put up over night....
Kids get a little rowdy, put em' in lock down! Worried about the teenagers sneaking out after dark, not a problem. Large dining tables to accomodate everyone...

Weren't Russ & Lynn looking to open a new restaurant in that area? Now there's an idea for a theme restaurant! 200k? Great deal!

Any takers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
open a hotel for guest's from away. do you think they would come back?
I can see the ad now.

Ever want to know what it's like being a criminal but don't want to be one forever?
Now you can.
You don't have to do the crime to do the time.

At Hotel Lock Down your have the benefit of stolling the grounds of a real prison.
Soaking in the intimate benefits of having armed guards scoping you out from the towers above.
Curly-razor sharp wire, wraps your view of the outside world. Giving you the full effect of what Hotel Lock Down can offer.
Enjoy dining with other guest in the authentic dining room.
No sharp objects here or choices of food. Full prison dinning provided.
The nutrition level is unlike any you can imagin. Feeling the need to have meal time spiced up. Sigh up for an afternoon of lunch room riot. Our staff use real clubs and tazers. Nothing but the best profanity used here by our staff. You'' betreated lower then ever before.

When it's time for rest, our cells provide no privacy and and are cold and damp. By far we provide each cell with a rusty flush, that has been used by real inmates.

We also have the ultra cell that comes with no bed, and a yelling staff member who provides threats though out the night.
No task left undone by the Lock Down Hotel.
Perfect gift idea for those on your list.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:52 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,142 times
Boon Peachie Garlic -you guys have a great idea! Preparing a jail meal would cost perhaps 75 cents per serving. They wouldn't be allowed to use real knives as in this case the guests might want to stab the staff. Instead of paying for trash removal leftovers could be re-used or placed back in the cell so that rats would enjoy them- having some "pets" in each cell would create a real "ambiance".

Also when the city jail population is overflowing this new restaurant could contract out to house and feed a few extra so that guests can share meals with real live criminals!
In one Cagney Movie there was a great prison meal scene where the inmates banged their trays, and that could be repeated.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:56 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Boon Peachie Garlic -you guys have a great idea! Preparing a jail meal would cost perhaps 75 cents per serving. They wouldn't be allowed to use real knives as in this case the guests might want to stab the staff. Instead of paying for trash removal leftovers could be re-used or placed back in the cell so that rats would enjoy them- having some "pets" in each cell would create a real "ambiance".

Also when the city jail population is overflowing this new restaurant could contract out to house and feed a few extra so that guests can share meals with real live criminals!
In one Cagney Movie there was a great prison meal scene where the inmates banged their trays, and that could be repeated.
OwwWww
I also forgot about "Arts and Crafts. They make stuff we sell it in our "Lock Down Gift Shop"

Old 11-30-2008, 09:37 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
There is a B&B in a little historic town in NE Texas that is set in an old jail house. It's a big draw to people for some strange reason!

Old 11-30-2008, 09:48 AM

163 posts, read 295,433 times
I'm crackin' up guys! Not to get too far off track, but my brain just went into instant recall from 45 years ago.

From 1960 to 1962 we lived diagonally across from the Washington Co. court house and jail in Machias. I was about 14 and had a paper route. As I remember, I delivered two copies of the BDN there. One for the deputies and one for the inmates. On Saturday mornings I'd make my collection rounds. $ .42 per week. Most people gave me .45 or 50 cents for a much appreciated tip.

Anyway, the jailkeeper was named "Turtle", and really looked like one! If he wasn't there I'd wander around asking the trustees where he was. If he wasn't available, one of the trustees who was like his personal slave would open up a drawer in Turtle's desk and give me my money out of petty cash. I'm not making this up. Too many other snippets to post here.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:36 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
My wife was thinking yesterday as we drove past the old Brewer Fire/Police station about buying it and making a restaurant our of it. Dine in the cells (although I don't think there were any in it) staff dressed up in orange jump suits and/or b/w stripped uniforms...
There is a restaurant in Concord, NH in an old jailhouse. The cells downstairs are used as separate diningrooms - for parties of 4-6. I think it's called Margarita's. It's a mexican themed restaurant. Very, very popular. I think they have a chain now with about two others. Anyone else been there? It's got good food and incredibly huge margaritas!

Old 11-30-2008, 11:07 AM

12,863 posts, read 22,026,395 times
^actually, the big hotel in an old jail has been done and is quite successful. The Liberty Hotel in Boston was once an old jail (The Charles Street Jail, actually) and is now a luxury hotel. Much of the old interior has been preserved and it's quite fascinating. I've walked around the lobby a few times just to look. One restaurant in the lobby really plays out the prison theme starting with it's name ("Clink") and you dine in front of and inside old jail cells.

If anyone's interested in seeing some pictures, go to the hotel's website: http://www.libertyhotel.com/photos/index.html

Old 11-30-2008, 11:24 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,894 times
Wow! I didn't realize this place had grown so large in number!

Welcome to Margaritas

Old 11-30-2008, 11:54 AM

12,863 posts, read 22,026,395 times
^haha yeah... they're everywhere now. There are 2 in Portland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine