Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 01:31 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,422,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysmith View Post
Actually Katahdin never sees the first sunrise. The honor for the spot that sees the most first sunrises goes to Mars Hill Mountain.
Make sure to wear a hardhat to protect your noggin from getting bonked by headless birds from the Mars Hill Wind Farm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2023, 05:08 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
That's when you head to NZ or Australia

I met many Saskatchewan grain farmers who had farms in Canada and farms in NZ or Australia.

16+ hrs of sunshine, year round.

Good plan, though you might miss winter, but you could always head to the cold home for Christmas or 4th of July (or NAIDOC week).
I had co-workers down in Antarctica that would do summers in Antarctica and summers in Alaska, 22+ hours of sunshine, year round!

Old 04-09-2023, 01:53 PM

441 posts, read 438,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Cadillac is the first place you can drive to, but Katahdin sees the sun first. You just have to hike there.
Thanks. If I ever do get to Maine I'll want to do that hike.

I have seen a lot photography excursions to Acadia and other places in Maine. Little too expensive plus I really prefer to do my own thing. My daughter is also a photographer. Maybe when she graduates from high school and I am healthy enough ( I have cancer) we could come to Maine to photograph all that beauty.

Old 04-10-2023, 04:27 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,691,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARas2020 View Post
Thanks. If I ever do get to Maine I'll want to do that hike.

I have seen a lot photography excursions to Acadia and other places in Maine. Little too expensive plus I really prefer to do my own thing. My daughter is also a photographer. Maybe when she graduates from high school and I am healthy enough ( I have cancer) we could come to Maine to photograph all that beauty.
Sorry about your health but I'm hoping it gets better. Hell there is so much beauty in Maine just come and bring your camera. Nature does all the hard work for you. And yeah I agree some of those seminar "retreats" can be super pricey but do a little research or ask around here and you'll get some great free advice on where to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine