Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 09:03 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times

Advertisements

We used a long stick of bamboo that a rug had been rolled on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 01:21 PM

474 posts, read 1,416,841 times
Don't we all wish we were as smart as we thought we were at 17! LOL

Old 06-08-2008, 01:31 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,201,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVMAINE View Post
Don't we all wish we were as smart as we thought we were at 17! LOL
when i was a teen it seemd the my dad didnt no any thing.but i have learnd the older i got the smarter he got.
now that i have teens of my owne. i have found out that he was a freekin geenious.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:57 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,389,791 times
My dad was principal of my Jr. High School when I was in 8th grade. He was also my 8th grade English teacher. He kept all teachers books at home with program and testing guides. I knew where he kept them. I used to memorize all the multiple choice questions for my Science class exams. I would always just get either 2 or 3 answers wrong. After all, I wasn't a genius. After awhile, they caught on and once changed a test at the last minute and I didn't get any correct answers that time. Busted. I can memorize anything. I know all the presidents forward and backwards. They convinced me at that time to just memorize the classwork and my homework and that should work too. It did. I know the punishment was severe as they had to make an example of me. That led me on the path to not cheat any more. Or not get caught anyway.

Like what Ranger said, too many to list. That one example was kind of bad for me compared to the others as I lost the trust of my dad and teachers. It took a long time to get it back. Other stuff I did, was usually my friends fault. I was just following along.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:10 PM

222 posts, read 529,721 times
Default Roller skating

I thought I knew all at 13. My Mom warned me-don't go skating with those short shorts on-you'll kill yourself! When she went to work, out came the hot pants and the pink skates (hey, it was 1979) I thought I was the current 'it' girl--until I crashed hard and skidded down a whole gravel-filled hill-took the skin off one of my legs nearly to the bone. Had to go to the hospital and while my mom never said I told you so-she did not have to. I always skated,and later skateboarded in jeans after that! First time I realized that maybe Mom can be right!

Old 06-08-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post
My dad was principal of my Jr. High School when I was in 8th grade. He was also my 8th grade English teacher. He kept all teachers books at home with program and testing guides. I knew where he kept them. I used to memorize all the multiple choice questions for my Science class exams. I would always just get either 2 or 3 answers wrong. After all, I wasn't a genius. After awhile, they caught on and once changed a test at the last minute and I didn't get any correct answers that time. Busted. I can memorize anything. I know all the presidents forward and backwards. They convinced me at that time to just memorize the classwork and my homework and that should work too. It did. I know the punishment was severe as they had to make an example of me. That led me on the path to not cheat any more. Or not get caught anyway.

Like what Ranger said, too many to list. That one example was kind of bad for me compared to the others as I lost the trust of my dad and teachers. It took a long time to get it back. Other stuff I did, was usually my friends fault. I was just following along.
that pear pressure's a bi@#$ aint it.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:55 PM

6,630 posts, read 13,535,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMathTCHER View Post
I thought I knew all at 13. My Mom warned me-don't go skating with those short shorts on-you'll kill yourself! When she went to work, out came the hot pants and the pink skates (hey, it was 1979) I thought I was the current 'it' girl--until I crashed hard and skidded down a whole gravel-filled hill-took the skin off one of my legs nearly to the bone. Had to go to the hospital and while my mom never said I told you so-she did not have to. I always skated,and later skateboarded in jeans after that! First time I realized that maybe Mom can be right!
I'm cringing for you. That must have been terrible!

Old 06-08-2008, 10:11 PM

my wife says im still a kid and i do dum things every day.she might be right.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:59 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,360,450 times
Too many to list. I remember taking my cousin's bb gun and shooting out all the windows in the old blacksmith shop my grampa owned. I put the bb gun back and my gramma told grampa that my cousin did it. And, I let him take the blame for it. I did confess years later, though I don't think they believed me. Being the oldest grandchild had its advantages.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:18 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
Too many to list. I remember taking my cousin's bb gun and shooting out all the windows in the old blacksmith shop my grampa owned. I put the bb gun back and my gramma told grampa that my cousin did it. And, I let him take the blame for it. I did confess years later, though I don't think they believed me. Being the oldest grandchild had its advantages.
I did the same thing with my neighbor's house across the street except it was only two windows. It cost me the bb gun and $13.00. I was shooting at a bird on top of their fence....pretty stupid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine