U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2008, 01:18 AM

474 posts, read 1,334,067 times

Advertisements

After reading the thread from Ranger about the dumb 13 year old who stole his vehicle – I started thinking – it’s what I do best at 3:15 in the morning.
What is the dumbest thing you did as a kid or teenager?

Well, I'll start with "one" of mine! I decided to skip school and go joy riding all day! Gas was a lot cheaper in those days. We had fun driving around, going to Dairy Queen, getting ice cream and french fries. Then we were cruising down one of the main streets and who to you think we see at the red light? My grandfather was heading home for lunch and we pulled up right next to him! We were busted! Thankfully, my Mother had gone to high school with the Principal - she even called him "Bubba"! I didn't get suspended BUT I also didn't get to drive the car for six months. Which to a 16 year old seemed like an eternity
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 01:31 AM

7,348 posts, read 9,387,276 times
I don't think there was anything I did as a kid that was NOT dumb! Isn't that what kid-hood is for???

It's too early in the morning to figure out which was the dumbest! Suffice it to say, whatever it was, it was pretty dumb!

Old 06-07-2008, 07:32 AM

169 posts, read 514,611 times
i skipped skool < hehehe 36 days in my senior year, always a friday or a monday

Old 06-07-2008, 09:14 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,003,598 times
Too many to list. Highschool in the 70's. I took chances and risks that were ridiculously stupid. I never got into trouble with the law but I spent most of my teen years grounded.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:09 PM

2,059 posts, read 3,926,391 times
it would be easyer to ask what was the smartest thing i did becouse this forem isnt bigenough to list all the dumb things i did.

Old 06-07-2008, 05:24 PM

4,538 posts, read 8,628,621 times
We used to ride our bikes, as hard as we could down this long sidewalk at school (when it was closed) to build up speed, and then into the air off of a 10 step staircase, landing in the parking lot below. Of course we had those heavy steel American made bikes then in the 50's.

Actually we used to do a lot of stuff like this. It's a wonder we weren't injured or killed. Must have kept the guardian angels very busy I think this came from that innate quality of male humans to say "Watch This!"

Old 06-07-2008, 07:46 PM

474 posts, read 1,334,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
We used to ride our bikes, as hard as we could down this long sidewalk at school (when it was closed) to build up speed, and then into the air off of a 10 step staircase, landing in the parking lot below. Of course we had those heavy steel American made bikes then in the 50's.

Actually we used to do a lot of stuff like this. It's a wonder we weren't injured or killed. Must have kept the guardian angels very busy I think this came from that innate quality of male humans to say "Watch This!"
OMG! You were a real dare devil! I didn't have enough courage for that sort of thing, but then I was a girl! AND girls were suppose to be proper! LOL

Old 06-07-2008, 08:20 PM

2,059 posts, read 3,926,391 times
ok iv given this some thought and after a while i narowed it down to 3 or4 maybe higher.
my first bb gun i shot a frog with it noing the rule of or family you eat what you kill so i had to eat the frog.the second would be me and my friend bought some m-80's and fired them off after they were gone i told him i could build some so we did and we tasted them out on the lockers at school my dad planted his foot in my ------- it felt like it was there for a month.the third was i borowed my dads truck for a date after the date i see some friends on the way home so we went to carry lake and had some fun the cops showed up and i jumpt in the truck slamed it in 4 wheel drive and was outa there they chased me for a few miles then gave up when i got home they were there waiting.my dad said hay dummy if your gona out run the police dont advertise you phone number as he's pointing at the name and #of his bis on the tailgate.i was a wild kid.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:31 PM

5,698 posts, read 8,404,930 times
I believed things my older sister told me. Now that was dumb.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:42 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,465,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
I believed things my older sister told me. Now that was dumb.
I believed things my older brother told me--- equally dumb!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine