Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 11:35 AM

160 posts, read 368,811 times

Advertisements

Well, as of yesterday, our house sold. There are still some hurdles to get over (i.e. inspections, tests, etc.) but we now need to find a place to live. Our settlement date as it stands now is June 30th, Yes, you read that right, June 30th! So we need to find a rental home while we look for a final place to settle down. Lynn and I would like for it to be around or near the Bangor area. I need a space to setup my design studio so I can work out of the house. We also have 4 cats and a dog which will be coming with us. We cannot break up the family. So, if you know of or have a place for rent, please let us know ASAP.

Thanks and hopefully by July 1st, we will be Mainahs as well!

Lynn and Russ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 12:03 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,850,530 times
Because of your very short time line, I would look at the Bangor Daily News online and I would also start calling the local realtors to find out who handles rentals. Finding a place that will accept pets won't be easy, but there are a few landlords who allow them.

Hopefully someone will see your post who can tell you specific people to contact.

3 weeks! Yikes! But I'm very happy for you

Old 06-10-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
Because of your very short time line, I would look at the Bangor Daily News online and I would also start calling the local realtors to find out who handles rentals. Finding a place that will accept pets won't be easy, but there are a few landlords who allow them.

Hopefully someone will see your post who can tell you specific people to contact.

3 weeks! Yikes! But I'm very happy for you
Thanks!!!We have a realtor (Tammy Smith) up there who is looking for us but thought that a forum member may know of some property.

Less than 3 weeks!!!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 02:57 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,656,731 times
I've mentioned this in other threads, but I would definitely check craigslist. There are always several rentals which allow pets. Good luck!

Old 06-10-2008, 03:01 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,623,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
I've mentioned this in other threads, but I would definitely check craigslist. There are always several rentals which allow pets. Good luck!
If you need internet connectivity for your design work be sure to specify those needs when looking... and don't necessarily assume that DSL will get city-type speeds everywhere.

We have TimeWarner in our rental but have had to pass on several likely places on our "to buy" list on account of not having appropriate connectivity for MY design business... Internet and Print... with clients near and far.

Good luck and give me a holler when you get up here. I am in Milo, looking to buy within range of the Bangor market and would love another designer to "talk shop with" now and again.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:16 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,956,550 times
It's too bad that you are closing so quickly, from a selfish standpoint - my house in Eastport will be vacant in late September and I'm looking for a reliable renter to pay a very reduced rent in return for keeping all the utilities paid and the house warm through the winter.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:32 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,550,074 times
Need a rent on a lake? It has potential for DSL, power, phone etc. Not close to Bangor, but it could be a place to crash until late fall.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:11 PM

2,721 posts, read 6,382,025 times
Please use DM to provide any information.
Congratulations Lynn and Russ and welcome to Maine.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
Please use DM to provide any information.
Congratulations Lynn and Russ and welcome to Maine.
thanks! We are so excited. Hopefully all will go well with the sell of our house.

Russ and Lynn

Old 06-11-2008, 01:54 PM

37,213 posts, read 60,920,437 times
Glad to hear it is working out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine