Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:39 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times

Advertisements

peachie_in_maine -

Thanks

I have also seen a 'winter-look', which included eyebrows fully encased in ice, moustache encased in ice and connected onto beard, which also was pretty well encased in ice and had a layer of fresh snow on top.

Now that is one hot look!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 04:57 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,337,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
peachie_in_maine -

Thanks

I have also seen a 'winter-look', which included eyebrows fully encased in ice, moustache encased in ice and connected onto beard, which also was pretty well encased in ice and had a layer of fresh snow on top.

Now that is one hot look!

I think that's called the Aroostook look.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:42 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,876,281 times
I have next door neighbors, single mom + 3 teenage daughters. Mom has jet black hair with fuscia pink tips; oldest daughter (this week) has grass green hair; middle daughter has blue and purple streaks; youngest daughter has her natural blond hair. They're certainly a colorful group but they are great neighbors. Extremely quiet...well, except for the hair color which is quite loud

Anyway, now that I've rambled completely off course, I hope you have a wonderful trip to Eastport and will be interested in your impressions.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:21 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,099,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
I think it might of been my daughter......

I was thinking *exactly* the same thing when I read that! lol....each of the girls have colored the ends of their hair, and Amy had a huge blue streak in hers for a while.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:20 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,485,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
No...that was Santa last Christmas, when he flew by Argyle...

Old 06-18-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
No...that was Santa last Christmas, when he flew by Argyle...
Maybe this is the fashion in Eastport?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ly/16dec07.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...y/16dec07b.jpg

Old 06-19-2008, 04:57 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,411 times
ayup, I saw a few guys in Eastport who could have passed for the brother of that guy. Just no snow on their beards in June.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maine4.us View Post
ayup, I saw a few guys in Eastport who could have passed for the brother of that guy. Just no snow on their beards in June.
You saw guys who could have been my brother?

Cool

Old 06-20-2008, 09:39 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,411 times
The surest sign that you are from away is to hear the horn blow when an away person locks their car. Locals just don't usually do that. Old habits are hard to break, so I still lock the car. I feel that people are looking at me and thinking, "ayup another person from away." I have to figure out how to disable the dratted horn from blowing. I tried using the key instead of the remote, and guess what, you turn the key and the horn still blows!! AARGH. I look around to see if people are looking at me, and yes a lot of the times they are.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:23 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine4.us View Post
The surest sign that you are from away is to hear the horn blow when an away person locks their car. Locals just don't usually do that. Old habits are hard to break, so I still lock the car. I feel that people are looking at me and thinking, "ayup another person from away." I have to figure out how to disable the dratted horn from blowing. I tried using the key instead of the remote, and guess what, you turn the key and the horn still blows!! AARGH. I look around to see if people are looking at me, and yes a lot of the times they are.
I lock the truck on occasion,especially if I happen to have a gun under the seat. I don't need anyone stealing one of my guns! If people think I'm from away that's their problem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine