Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 06:50 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,186,015 times

Advertisements

i could lie and tell you about the great big sammy that got away or the troute that took 6 people and a 4 wheel drive truck to pull onto shore but i wont. im going to tell you about a 4yr old and learning how to cast.
whyet is my younger brouther's son he is a tipical boy expept for the fishing.
they live in tampa and his dad dont get a whole lot of time to tark him fishing.
so this fathers day weekend they come home to maine and ended up comeing up to my camp friday morning.it was a great supprise for me becouse i havent seen my brouther for 7 years i got to meet his wife and his son whyet and his little girl jasmin.we were going fishing sat morning and whyet asked if he could go and his mom said no you have never been and the bug's are to thick.when it comes to kids and fishing their is no sutch thing as no .so i told him sure go get in the truck (you wana drive?)(naw im to small.) so we went to monument and my boys ran ahead to get the good spots like they allways do. whyet walked with me and jerry.we got htere and droped our lines in and whyet just stood there so i asked hay why aint you fishing and he said uncle i dont no how.and i just looked at jerry in disgust.
so i went over and showed him how to baite his hook as im finishing up my youngest yeld dad i got one so i stood up to look and from behind me i hear i no how to cast i seen it on tv.and then there was a sharp paine in the back of my leg right behind the knee.yup you gesst it he got me with a #4 dbl barbd long shank.that wasnt the worst of it he thought if he pulled it would come loose.it didnt.he crying im bleeding and my oldest is laughing hay dad remember when i got the other leg.jerry is freekin. i think city life has ruind him.all in all it was ok some good fishing some fishing scars good times.
so tell us about your fishing trips we would be glad to hear them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 06:54 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,338,393 times
You're a good and patient Uncle as well as a great Dad, Happy Fathers Day.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:03 PM

12,082 posts, read 38,742,295 times
Sounds like a great day on the water! Don't those little buggers sting a bit though when they sink in nice and deep . Had to take one out of the heel of my hand a few years back on the Little Madawaska River, looked like somebody tried to butcher a Moose before I got the darn thing out.

Best fishing trip though was when my oldest finally wanted to go out, and caught a 9 1/2" brook trout out of a small stream. First time I took my own kid out fishing and I will always remember how great the look on his face was. By now I have great memories of each of the boys and their first fish, and they are the best fishing partners a guy could ask for. Sure I don't get to fish myself when I take them, and I run all day helping the younger ones out, but I will never pass up a chance to go with them. The oldest is by far the most dedicated fisherman of the lot, willing to get up at 0-dark-30 to head out without a word.

Fishing with kids: How could it NOT be a great day?

Old 06-15-2008, 07:11 PM

when the boys were younger i never took a pole becouse of haveing to run back and forth between them but now that they are older i can rest and fish.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
You're a good and patient Uncle as well as a great Dad, Happy Fathers Day.
thank you i try.my wife says im like one of the kids some times.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:17 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,586,702 times
Yeah fish hooks. I got one in the back of the head once. At least there isn't much meat to get hooked in to up there(save the meathead jokes).
We don't fish much now a days. I get out once in a while but my son has little interest in it. We have a pond full of bass next door and occasionally fish there for something to do .

Old 06-15-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Yeah fish hooks. I got one in the back of the head once. At least there isn't much meat to get hooked in to up there(save the meathead jokes).
We don't fish much now a days. I get out once in a while but my son has little interest in it. We have a pond full of bass next door and occasionally fish there for something to do .
iv been hooked so maney times over the years im allmost imune to it.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:47 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,337,281 times
lol - glad everyone was ok ranger. Our last fish hook incident happened over Memorial day. My 9 year old boy "caught" his 11 year old sister. Hooked her good too! Required a trip to the emergency room. She's a tough country kid though and bounced back well. Only slowed her up for a few hours and she earned some bragging rights.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignhfamily View Post
lol - glad everyone was ok ranger. Our last fish hook incident happened over Memorial day. My 9 year old boy "caught" his 11 year old sister. Hooked her good too! Required a trip to the emergency room. She's a tough country kid though and bounced back well. Only slowed her up for a few hours and she earned some bragging rights.
i all ways carry some pliers with me it's easier to pull them out just give them a quick yank and your back to fishing.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:34 PM

today i took the boys fishing and cought a big snapping turtle and a log fish.
my 9yr old cought a 14''brown and my oldest cought a12'' brown and a 10'' brown.
good day. the turtle was a little pi### off so i cut my line and let him be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine