Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 09:09 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,447,538 times

Advertisements

You can also buy it by the roll, 100' etc., on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Where would I find inexpensive bubble wrap in large quantities?

Old 11-28-2008, 08:49 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,418,445 times
Great tip to try Ebay. I got 200' for $17 with free shipping.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:54 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,482,288 times
Who's giving out partridges in a pear tree???

Thanks for the rep - and the partridge! One I didn't even have to go hunting for!

Old 11-28-2008, 08:55 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,751,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Great tip to try Ebay. I got 200' for $17 with free shipping.
Wow- that's a lot of bubble wrap!

How about you wrap yourself up and parcel post yourself overnight to visit the gals in the Eastport area?!?!

Old 11-28-2008, 09:37 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,418,445 times
As soon as that bubble wrap arrives, I'm shifting into high packing gear! Come Christmas eve, you won't find a piece of glass or wall decor in my house!!

**Note to self** 1 plate, 1 bowl, 1 glass, 1 set of silverware X 5......must keep out some dishes to eat on!

Old 11-28-2008, 01:23 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,340,373 times
New puppy! How cool! We've avoided puppies in recent years, because of training, and because there are so many pound puppies that need love. But couldn't resist when a local guy put up a litter of boxers for sale. Got a white one, named him Casper (as in the friendly ghost?) Only he's not so friendly. He's a big baby with us, but is very intimidated by strangers. Keep waiting for him to grow out of it, but he hasn't. Meanwhile, my daughter fell victim to a litter of miniature dachshunds. Are you going to crate train? I had never done it before, but so glad I did with this dog. Makes life with a pup much easier.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:22 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper1212 View Post
New puppy! How cool! We've avoided puppies in recent years, because of training, and because there are so many pound puppies that need love. But couldn't resist when a local guy put up a litter of boxers for sale. Got a white one, named him Casper (as in the friendly ghost?) Only he's not so friendly. He's a big baby with us, but is very intimidated by strangers. Keep waiting for him to grow out of it, but he hasn't. Meanwhile, my daughter fell victim to a litter of miniature dachshunds. Are you going to crate train? I had never done it before, but so glad I did with this dog. Makes life with a pup much easier.
For me....
once apon a time..
Last year, I finially gave in to a puppy, but...... I had to be the one to pick the type and the one we would name maple.
History
When I was 4,
I was attacked in the face by a dog and my memories of the experience still makes me tear up and seem like it happened just a year ago.

I chose a golden retriever pup because I knew they were known for kindness, gentle and loyal. I took years to research it for myself. Even got golden retrievers for dummies. (Just wanted to know all I could)

I was worried about training but those crates are wonderful, really great when you want a break for a while when they are little.

At night, we would take shifts. (like a baby for for the first month)
After that she found her crate was her bed at bedtime and never for punishment. ( read that in the dummies book. We also learned the tricks and more from it.)

Today Maple is a beauiful gentle dog of over a year old and I love her like one of my own girls.

She does tricks ( sit, dance, roll over, lay down, stay and my fav...- "go pee maple." Ta da.

She has a bladder that makes mine look like a paper cup. Unbeliveable.

True Story time..
DH and I went away for a night just to get away and neighors took Maple. She didn't even go the bathroom for them for almost 15 hours.

They were really worried. I told them, maple is the bladder master. She's the best.

All my life I was afraid of bites and a dirty dog messing all over my home and maple has changed my views on dogs forever.
Three cheers for my gentle goldie.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:31 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,517,647 times
So wait are you telling me you guys have a mimi wienie too?

Old 11-29-2008, 03:51 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,361 times
totally off topic...

A bit of doggerel (actually a limerick) that just came out.

K, walking past her in the living room said:
"There once was a Saint Bernard named Brandi"

and, totally without thought, as I was taking pies out of the oven, I followed up with:

"Who wanted to always be handy
So she laid in the way most every day
And she thought that that was quite dandy. "

and it is true, too!

Now, I return you to your former off-topic topic...

Old 11-29-2008, 03:54 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,201,628 times
hello every one im back.did ya miss me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine