Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 11:21 AM

16,591 posts, read 15,520,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
said with sarcasm this morning....

good job getting that extra income thread shut down guys
Good point. Maybe some posts should be moved to the thread dealing with mental hospitals. We can't afford to have the Off-Topic Thread locked.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:26 AM

37,246 posts, read 60,976,905 times
Off-Topic posts in an Off-topic thread would be bad.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:45 AM

278 posts, read 697,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Good point. Maybe some posts should be moved to the thread dealing with mental hospitals.
I can't seem to find the mental hospitals thread. Are you referring to the Plum Creek Environmental Horror Show thread?

Old 08-14-2008, 12:11 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,573,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Off-Topic posts in an Off-topic thread would be bad.
I think we need an Off the wall thread too.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:47 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,043,489 times
My point seems to have been entirely missed, so let me clarify...

I'm not unhappy with the mods for closing the thread at all. I'm unhappy with the behavior of the members that caused that thread to be closed. That thread had the potential to help people, and to be added to over the course of time while people discovered what they could do to help their financial situation. That opportunity was lost because a few people decided to take it so far off OP that there was little hope of recovery. For many, this winter will be a particularly difficult time financially with oil prices where they are. That thread had the potential to continue in a positive helpful direction. There is no hope of that now.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:52 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,558,010 times
Quote:

I'm not unhappy with the mods for closing the thread at all. I'm unhappy with the behavior of the members that caused that thread to be closed. That thread had the potential to help people, and to be added to over the course of time while people discovered what they could do to help their financial situation. That opportunity was lost because a few people decided to take it so far off OP that there was little hope of recovery. For many, this winter will be a particularly difficult time financially with oil prices where they are. That thread had the potential to continue in a positive helpful direction. There is no hope of that now.
Why don't you start a fresh one? Warn everyone ahead of time.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:59 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,043,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyankee View Post
Why don't you start a fresh one? Warn everyone ahead of time.
Thankfully, someone else all ready has a plan to take care of that. She's much more generous and warm-hearted than I am at this point in time

Old 08-14-2008, 03:00 PM

37,246 posts, read 60,976,905 times
Quote:

Molly I apologize, as I may have added to the train going so far afield.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:01 PM

278 posts, read 697,316 times
Quote:

I'm not unhappy with the mods for closing the thread at all. I'm unhappy with the behavior of the members that caused that thread to be closed.
Maybe we (you or whoever) could start a new thread of the same name or subject, but just lock out the selected perverts that were responsible for the thread being closed. Do you suppose such "selective lock-out" software might be available?

Old 08-14-2008, 03:04 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,558,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Molly I apologize, as I may have added to the train going so far afield.
"Let the Midnight Special, Shine it's light on me" Leadbelly...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine