Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2008, 03:37 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,519,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
That might make sense.

So when reading a MLS printout, if a property says 'Suburban', it might mean that a neighbor drives a suburban.

If a property says 'water frontage', it might mean that a neighboring property might have access to water.

If a property says 'new well', if might mean that a property two lots over might have a new well on it.

Or maybe if a property says 'Walnuts', it means the realtor ate a walnut recently.

Are you saying advertising is sometimes deceptive? Surely you jest!

Old 09-29-2008, 04:48 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,853,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
T

If a property says 'water frontage', it might mean that a neighboring property might have access to water.
Could mean that the neighbor pees off the back off the back porch also. Or would that be water view? Water frontage would be ... Naw, I'm letting that one go .

Old 09-29-2008, 10:04 AM

444 posts, read 928,690 times
All right, this is disturbing. This past weekend my just turned 8-year old son told me that one of his classmates was bragging about having a loaded gun in his backpack. When my son tried to tell the teacher, she wouldn't let him talk because she doesn't like tattling. This is second grade . This is a good school district. When we first moved here, we were going to put the kids in private school, but we ended up going with the public elementary because it is A rated, and is a brand new facility. OMG.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:06 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
Scary stuff Txmom. I hope the kid was just "story telling" but, it seems you never know these days. All my best to you and the family.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:21 AM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
TxMom, I think that is worth a call to the principal. If you dont and if it turned out to be true....and someone got hurt......how would you feel? Also if you son learns "not to tattle" even about important things.....that puts him and others at risk. I would talk to the prinicipal.....the teacher will probably not back down and admit she was wrong if you contact her. It doesnt matter if the kid did or didnt have a gun.....he said he did and that is important. Children need to be listened to and encouraged to tell a grown up when somethng seems wrong. If the teacher and you and all the adults in his life dismiss what he reported, it teaches him some dangerous lessons and also it teaches him not to trust himself and that really is a bad lesson for a child.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:22 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Are you saying advertising is sometimes deceptive? Surely you jest!
That's a folk lore. It happened back in "mid evil times", but we know that isn't so today.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:24 AM

444 posts, read 928,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Scary stuff Txmom. I hope the kid was just "story telling" but, it seems you never know these days. All my best to you and the family.
Thanks msina. The school has already been on lockdown once, due to a bank robbery in the immediate area. This is not considered a bad area at all. It is typical suburbia. Maybe typical suburbia in Florida is a thing of the past. I have seen gang grafitti on some of the signs around the neighborhood, like they are just passing though and making sure people know they are around.

Thanks Elston, this does require a talk with the principal.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:25 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,541,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom View Post
All right, this is disturbing. This past weekend my just turned 8-year old son told me that one of his classmates was bragging about having a loaded gun in his backpack. When my son tried to tell the teacher, she wouldn't let him talk because she doesn't like tattling. This is second grade . This is a good school district. When we first moved here, we were going to put the kids in private school, but we ended up going with the public elementary because it is A rated, and is a brand new facility. OMG.
It's time for a meeting with the teacher and principal. The gun issue must be addressed and so does dismissing your son.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:47 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,642 times
As a parent, you should schedule a meeting with the principal and the teacher. The worst of this to me is that your son may not speak up in the future, because he was not allowed to speak up. This incident negatively reinforces good behavior.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:48 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,642 times
Help me out here, why are some peoples information a pale green on the left of their posts? Also, what is a status??? I couldn't find anything about status on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine