Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:00 PM

469 posts, read 1,451,615 times

Advertisements

You all don't know how lucky you are. It will not start turning cool here in Houston until sometime between the 1st and mid November. No beautiful fall foliage, no crisp autumn temperatures; and by Halloween, I am really tired of wearing shorts and t-shirts. Going to buy pumpkins in late October last year was no fun as it was in the 90's.
Oh well, I will get out of here someday!

I wish you all a beautiful fall season!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 02:15 PM

6,630 posts, read 13,535,602 times
We know!

Today is a perfect summer day. It was 79*, sunny and breezy at market this morning. I'm sunburned. My skin forgot what extended periods of sun is like until these last few days.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:13 PM

32 posts, read 54,047 times
it was 42 deg at 5am this morning.me and DH out sitting on the porch haveing our coffee and a log truck went by he say's ahhh nothing like the smell of diesel on a cool morning.there's some thing wrong with him.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:37 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,482,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.ranger View Post
he say's ahhh nothing like the smell of diesel on a cool morning.there's some thing wrong with him.
Naw, nothing's wrong with Ranger! He's just missing his big rig, that's all! I can understand a man being fond of his truck - looked like he had a nice one, too! He'll be missing that truck - and way of life - for a while yet, I'm guessing!

Old 08-18-2008, 07:19 PM

32 posts, read 54,047 times
fall is around the corner and then the W word.i like fall the most out of all the seasons.cool mornings nice days and the sunsets are a deep redish orange.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:27 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times
There are a few subtle hints. A touch of orange or red on some of the maples. Big pods on the milkweed.Crickets....lots of crickets. A bit more yellow to the morning and evening skies. Zucchini are starting to show up on the door step. There are new potatoes around. We've started to plan our fall hunting trips. Brother starts his real job back at school tomorrow. We make the trek to Western NY to deliver our son to his freshman year of college. Football pre season is in full swing. I started shopping for snow tires. I'm tired of Corona with lime and Summer Ales...looking for something with a little more body....maybe some Geary's.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:33 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
There are a few subtle hints. A touch of orange or red on some of the maples. Big pods on the milkweed.Crickets....lots of crickets. A bit more yellow to the morning and evening skies. Zucchini are starting to show up on the door step. There are new potatoes around. We've started to plan our fall hunting trips. Brother starts his real job back at school tomorrow. We make the trek to Western NY to deliver our son to his freshman year of college. Football pre season is in full swing. I started shopping for snow tires. I'm tired of Corona with lime and Summer Ales...looking for something with a little more body....maybe some Geary's.
ahhh... someone else whose choice of brew varies with the seasons! I tend towards Hefeweizen in the fall and a stout or a porter in the winter... but then, I also am more inclined to drink a bit of hard cider in the fall as well.

I have been eying the Hefeweizen of late, but with the warmer temps thus far this week, none has yet made it into the shopping cart...

Old 08-19-2008, 05:28 PM

55 posts, read 163,347 times
I hate it when I feel ice in the wind. It's hard to describe, it's not that the wind is chilly, there's just that bit of ice, maybe it's the smell of the ice, I don't know. Personally I prefer summer and lots of sunlight.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:33 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,096,282 times
Fall is my favorite season, with winter close on it's heels. I used to think that I was one of only a few people who felt that way, but once I started saying that I was surprised to hear so many "me too!!"

(of course that was followed quickly by "we better not tell anyone though!" lol )

Old 08-20-2008, 05:53 AM

277 posts, read 891,260 times
Fall/Winter are definitely on their way....it was so cold this morning that I would have started the woodstove if I had it put in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine