U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 05:43 PM

6,316 posts, read 12,316,380 times

Advertisements

Neighbor D will be up to do her thing in a day or two. She says she's seen this done (in NJ, her home state) and she knows what to do. She's going to bait a big hook with grisly moose meat, tie it to a milk jug and toss it into the pond. She assures us the hook is too large to catch the trout. The banks are steep. I can see her tumbling in. She's a good sport though. I like her a lot. If her only antic this week is to chase a snapping turtle on a huge bobber it will be a quiet week for her. The first time I handed her a baby bunny she freaked out. This is gonna be goooood!

She is going to eat it. If she can catch it I'll trade the high amusement factor for the shell. I hope she doesn't get it while I'm at market tomorrow. I'd really like to be here with camera in hand for this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 06:16 PM

566 posts, read 1,337,092 times
I really want you to be there with camera in hand for that too!

Old 08-31-2008, 09:50 AM

6,316 posts, read 12,316,380 times
Dayle came over with stinky baited turtle lines this morning. There are two bottles floating in the pond now. I asked what she was going to do when she caught them. She has a plan...now. I reminded her of the baby bunny and then we couldn't stop laughing at the thoughts of how this is going to go. We're down to two trout now and one has a bite out of it so it's probably a matter of days before it dies.

So, here's Step 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine