Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:00 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,203,168 times

Advertisements

[
Quote:
QUOTE=Maine Writer;5248108]Thieves: Or, How To Get Yourself Shot. Life isn't the way it should be in this part of Washington county this year.

I try not to be a nosy neighbor while trying to keep an eye out for the neighbors. When I heard an ATV on the property next door I listened. I didn't hear the person trying to get into the storage trailer so I left it alone. It could have been someone scoping out the area for the upcoming bird season. The person drove slowly past the house and up the road while I was busy in the kitchen. It should be safe to assume that someone who doesn't care about being seen isn't doing anything wrong. Not this time. I heard the ATV stop in our wood yard about an eighth of a mile up the road so I went to look. From the end of our driveway I could see someone putting our firewood on his ATV.
ok you cought me.thats right i did it i rode my wheeler up there and said to my self, self you need some fire wood so i drove in your neighbors yard to throw off suspition on your fire wood and grabed the wood and got the he@# outa dodge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 04:43 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Need some lessons?
need GUN first. It's on the list, but other things are ahead of this... K will be able to teach me most likely. HE is a good shot. thanks...

Old 09-15-2008, 04:50 AM

740 posts, read 1,882,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainbound View Post
Dont be - just learn how to use and safely (securely) store it.
I have raised 4 kids with weapons on site and not one of them have any extra holes=) educate educate educate.
Most kids in rural Maine grow up around guns and learn to respect them at an early age. I got my first 22 rifle for Christmas when I was 8. I can still remember my dad and grandfather taking me out that morning for target practice. It is still my favorite gun because of the memories associated with it.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:51 AM

461 posts, read 796,954 times
I'm sure there statistics on how many children were injured or killed, or injured or killed another child, while playing with guns that were supposedly in a safe place.
This would include my neighbor who, as a teen, shot and killed his best friend when he stupidly walked into the house in the middle of the night. Yea, Ken got a good lawyer and didn't do much jail time, but it was more than 20 years ago, and emotionally, he will never be the same.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:04 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxtrader View Post
Most kids in rural Maine grow up around guns and learn to respect them at an early age. I got my first 22 rifle for Christmas when I was 8. I can still remember my dad and grandfather taking me out that morning for target practice. It is still my favorite gun because of the memories associated with it.
Absolutely! The tradition of gun ownership in Maine is deep, and along with that comes a great deal of responsibility. It's a blessing that so many of our kids are taught well the power of a gun and the respect that power deserves.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:23 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Absolutely! The tradition of gun ownership in Maine is deep, and along with that comes a great deal of responsibility. It's a blessing that so many of our kids are taught well the power of a gun and the respect that power deserves.
Very well said, molly!

Old 09-15-2008, 07:27 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times
We used to have hunter safety courses for all the 6th and 7th graders at the junior high with GUNS and LIVE AMMUNITION IN SCHOOL! Oh, the horrors if somebody suggested that today. It was only 15 years ago that the last hunter safety course was held in our junior high.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:44 AM

740 posts, read 1,882,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
We used to have hunter safety courses for all the 6th and 7th graders at the junior high with GUNS and LIVE AMMUNITION IN SCHOOL! Oh, the horrors if somebody suggested that today. It was only 15 years ago that the last hunter safety course was held in our junior high.
When I was in high school and college there were a bunch of us that would leave our guns in our vehicles so we could go hunting after school. No one thought twice about it.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:45 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
Remind me when we do finally get a firearm to practice until I can reliably HIT what I SHOOT AT then...
I'm a graduate of the Mass. Criminal Justice Training Council Combat Pistol Course, and equally well skilled with M16, shotgun, sniper rifle, hand grenades, M203 grenade launcher, M60 machine gun, MAC assault pistol, Claymore anti-personnel mines, LAW rockets and assorted explosives and miscellaneous booby-trap devices...oh, and I can chuck a knife pretty well too.

Between me and NMLM, I think we can probably get you squared away.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:12 PM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,151,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
I'm a graduate of the Mass. Criminal Justice Training Council Combat Pistol Course, and equally well skilled with M16, shotgun, sniper rifle, hand grenades, M203 grenade launcher, M60 machine gun, MAC assault pistol, Claymore anti-personnel mines, LAW rockets and assorted explosives and miscellaneous booby-trap devices...oh, and I can chuck a knife pretty well too.

Between me and NMLM, I think we can probably get you squared away.
But how are you with a bow and arrow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine