Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Hey Maineh,

My bumper sticker says 1/20/13.
Excellent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 04:20 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,463,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willb View Post
I notice Spirit Air has 9 dollar flights from Boston to Fort Lauderdale, and vice versa. that round trip bus out of Bangor makes it awfully easy to get down there.
Spirit does offer some really good deals for sure. I could go from here to a bunch of the islands in the Carribean for approx $5.00. I've never flown them as I prefer to have a seat when I fly.

If you do think about coming down, pls let me know. If I'm here and not up there we should definitely get together. I'd be happy to show you all of the fun stuff.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:08 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,449,610 times
My preference for BOS to FTL and return via air travel is JetBlue. However, I really don't enjoy air travel very much anymore. You get treated like a herd of cattle. And I don't feel safe. I feel like it's a crap shoot.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:25 PM

I fly whatever comes up the least expensive on kayak or farecast. Usually it's through Delta. (and I get a real seat to boot, which is great deal) Delta also allows "service animals". Which is what she is really. No, really she is. I have a note that says so. I also have a great doctor that writes those silly little notes.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:47 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,449,610 times
Mermie, do you fly into Logan or Portland or Bangor?

I love JetBlue because they have the most leg room. If you're a midget, then that isn't important. lol They also have a tv at each seat, so I can watch the news and tune out of the fact I'm on a silver tube whizzing through the sky.

I crashed with my dad at the age of 5 in a Piper Cub, so flying doesn't tickle me silly to begin with, but since 9/11 I've had to fly a lot for work and I dislike it more each time I do. Not the pilots fault, I've done ground school and had plenty of air time, I just don't find flying commercial very enjoyable anymore.

In September I ended up on SW to Louisville and it was a great trip coming and going. It isn't always the air ride that gets to me, it's the shuttling of humans through the terminals and the ridiculous security gates that makes me feel anything but safe.

I've never flown in or out of Portland. I've wondered how the airport is there. For instance, I've always been amazed at what a great airport Pittsburgh is in comparison to lots of others.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:55 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times
My MIL works for Continental as a ticket agent - 14 years now - so she flies anywhere for free and we fly for $100 round trip anywhere in the US. So, she knows she can fly up and see us anytime, but still she's b*tching and moaning because she has to take a connecting flight to "BFE"! She'll have to connect in Boston every time then fly into Bangor. You'd think it was the end of the world for her!!

Oh, yeah......it is!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 03:11 PM

I always fly into Portland. It's a nice little airport and close to what I need. With my youngest sibs living there and my kids and friends right in Brunswick, it works for me. I did price flying into Bangor just recently as I had a really nice offer from someone here to pick me up , it was quite a bit more expensive.

and yes I am a midget, I could pretty much ride under the seat in front of me as a carry on.

Searport is only about a 2.5 hour drive from Portland if you go 295 to Augusta and Rt 3 to Belfast. You can make good time on Rt 3 vs Rt 1.

Hope to see you up there or down here soon!

Old 11-13-2008, 03:35 PM

444 posts, read 928,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
My MIL works for Continental as a ticket agent - 14 years now - so she flies anywhere for free and we fly for $100 round trip anywhere in the US. So, she knows she can fly up and see us anytime, but still she's b*tching and moaning because she has to take a connecting flight to "BFE"! She'll have to connect in Boston every time then fly into Bangor. You'd think it was the end of the world for her!!

Oh, yeah......it is!!!!!!!!!!
OMG...she has it good. To visit my family, I flew from Bangor to Detroit - then from Detroit to Minneapolis -from Minneapolis to Saskatoon. The connection in Detroit was so close, that I was running like a mad woman to make the flight to Minneapolis.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:10 PM

I hate that running through the terminal stuff. That's me, a mad woman running people over trying to make a connection that will probably be delayed for some reason. Off with the shoes, take the dog out of her carrier to be scanned, back on with the shoes, put her back in the carrier and run like hell only to wait, again. By the time I arrive in Maine, I'm exhausted. BUT SO GLAD TO BE HOME!!!! My son is always there to greet me with the biggest bear hug, he picks me up and twirls me around! I'm crying tears of joy, he's trying to hide his. Yet, it's so worth all of the effort and an entire day of exhaustion and frustration just to be there. Home, where I belong.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:19 PM

444 posts, read 928,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
I hate that running through the terminal stuff. That's me, a mad woman running people over trying to make a connection that will probably be delayed for some reason. Off with the shoes, take the dog out of her carrier to be scanned, back on with the shoes, put her back in the carrier and run like hell only to wait, again. By the time I arrive in Maine, I'm exhausted. BUT SO GLAD TO BE HOME!!!! My son is always there to greet me with the biggest bear hug, he picks me up and twirls me around! I'm crying tears of joy, he's trying to hide his. Yet, it's so worth all of the effort and an entire day of exhaustion and frustration just to be there. Home, where I belong.
I hear ya on that one. It's worth it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine