Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:21 AM

701 posts, read 1,083,513 times

Advertisements

To everyone on this forum, thank you so much for all the information. I have been reading for over a month now and I have learned so much about the "Great State of Maine" I have really enjoyed the "spirited" discussions and I promise never to ask any questions concerning taxes! I've read my fill in the past weeks. We would love to make Maine our home (for all the right reasons, I hope!) but moving is not an option at the moment, those ducks do really have to be in a row ,darn it!

Again, thanks so much from a southern family very tired of the south (and the heat!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 09:27 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,492,924 times
I hear ya about the heat - and I'm up in Rhode Island! But welcome aboard...you don't have to live in Maine to be a Maine'ah, just have to love the place and the people! We're a wild and wacky bunch, as you've already found out! Lots of us here, still waiting for our "ducks in a row" to make that fast escape from away. You'll find you are not alone on this forum, in wanting to move to Maine!

Enjoy what so many of us here consider our "other home"!

Old 11-09-2008, 01:51 PM

37,474 posts, read 61,423,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosX5 View Post
To everyone on this forum, thank you so much for all the information. I have been reading for over a month now and I have learned so much about the "Great State of Maine" I have really enjoyed the "spirited" discussions and I promise never to ask any questions concerning taxes! I've read my fill in the past weeks. We would love to make Maine our home (for all the right reasons, I hope!) but moving is not an option at the moment, those ducks do really have to be in a row ,darn it!

Again, thanks so much from a southern family very tired of the south (and the heat!)
LOL

Greetings!

Feel free to join into our discussions.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:39 PM

566 posts, read 1,418,196 times
Welcomd Chaos

Old 11-09-2008, 05:43 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,426,048 times
I always chuckle when I see folks from TN and NC and thereabouts talking about living in "the south". Welcome to the forum...........from the REAL south - Texas!!

.......but not for long!!!!

Old 11-09-2008, 06:42 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,387,188 times
Welcome to the forum

Old 11-10-2008, 04:14 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,522,024 times
Welcome chaos.. my ducks won't be in their proverbial row for quite a while. Until then, we can both be Maineahs at heart!

Old 11-10-2008, 06:04 AM

26 posts, read 51,627 times
I have to truely second ChaosX5 comments. I've been doing exactly the same thing, enjoying reading every day. One difference--I'm coming from Wilmington, DE and will be there on the 21st of November.
I've been looking on line for a place to live--I found a new senior complex in Veazie. They were a little concerned because I've actually never been to Maine--or lived in the snow for that matter--but my response to her was "I figure if everyone else there can do it, so can I."
I feel like I already know it through everyone on this forum. I started out thinking I wanted to go to Portland, ME (mostly because that was the only place I'd ever heard of). My first thread asked about Portland, then I got interested in Eastport. Someone suggested I get out of the Portland forum and go the general "Maine" forum. I fell in love with Eastport but finally decided I should maybe work my way up to it by starting in a place a bit bigger (with a Walmart close by for example).
Anyway, I can't wait for Thursday the 20th. Sam (my cat) and I are leaving then but making it a 2 day trip because 5 or 6 hours is about as much as I want to put him thru.

Here I come!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 06:08 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,522,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albernece View Post
I have to truely second ChaosX5 comments. I've been doing exactly the same thing, enjoying reading every day. One difference--I'm coming from Wilmington, DE and will be there on the 21st of November.
I've been looking on line for a place to live--I found a new senior complex in Veazie. They were a little concerned because I've actually never been to Maine--or lived in the snow for that matter--but my response to her was "I figure if everyone else there can do it, so can I."
I feel like I already know it through everyone on this forum. I started out thinking I wanted to go to Portland, ME (mostly because that was the only place I'd ever heard of). My first thread asked about Portland, then I got interested in Eastport. Someone suggested I get out of the Portland forum and go the general "Maine" forum. I fell in love with Eastport but finally decided I should maybe work my way up to it by starting in a place a bit bigger (with a Walmart close by for example).
Anyway, I can't wait for Thursday the 20th. Sam (my cat) and I are leaving then but making it a 2 day trip because 5 or 6 hours is about as much as I want to put him thru.

Here I come!!!

Oh, how exciting!!! Good luck in Maine!!! Did I mention that I'm a little jealous?

Old 11-10-2008, 06:14 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,392 times
I'm with everyone else...
"Welcome to our little patch of heaven." lol
I live here 90% of my life, and I am still learning everyday.

Feel free to join in, we love to talk to everyone from everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine