U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2011, 04:31 PM

121 posts, read 311,576 times

Advertisements

Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those expensive double-pane energy efficient kind, but this week I got a call from the contractor, complaining his work had been completed a year ago and I had yet to pay for them. Boy oh boy, did we go around and around.

So, I proceeded to tell him just what his fast-talking sales guy had told me last year - namely, that in one year, the windows would pay for themselves.... There was silence on the other end of the line, so I just hung up. I have not heard anything back.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 07:08 AM

251 posts, read 184,424 times
A guy from a large city goes to rural maine to go hunting.
He enters the lodge where he will be staying and gets into deep conversation.After a while he feels comfortable and asks the crowd if anybody knows about poaching deer around here.
Clem says he just shoots em.
Darrel says he just skins em.
Earl says he just butchers em.
Sam says he usually fries em but he heard that the sheriff likes to make soup out of em and that is the closest to poaching he ever heard of.
Better ask the sheriff.
He is right behind you.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:26 AM

3,638 posts, read 5,724,874 times
Default The Sunday School Teacher

The Sunday School teacher was describing how Lot's wife looked back and turned into a pillar of salt, when little Jason interrupted, 'My Mommy looked back once while she was driving,' he announced triumphantly, 'and she turned into a telephone pole!'

A Sunday school teacher was telling her class the story of the Good Samaritan. She asked the class, 'If you saw a person lying on the roadside, all wounded and bleeding, what would you do?'

A thoughtful little girl broke the hushed silence, 'I think I'd throw up.'

Old 03-22-2011, 10:39 AM

3,034 posts, read 5,391,135 times
Augusta, GA

Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta, Georgia, told police he observed a male customer on surveillance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket... When confronted the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife and ran for the door.

Outside on the sidewalk were four Marines collecting toys for the "Toys for Tots" program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of the Marines, Cpl. Duggan, in the back, the injury did not appear to be severe.

After Police and an ambulance arrived at the scene Cpl. Duggan was transported for treatment. The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw... injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off of the curb after stabbing the Marine.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:07 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,152,627 times
Default Why men prefer guns over women

The top 10 reasons why men prefer guns over women:

#10 - You can trade an old 44 for a new 22.

#9 - You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you're on the road.

#8 - If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times.

#7 - Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun for a backup.

#6 - Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.

#5 - A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4 - Guns function normally every day of the month.

#3 - A gun doesn't ask , "Do these new grips make me look fat?"

#2 - A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it.

And the number one reason why men prefer guns over women.....

#1 - You can buy a silencer for a gun

Old 03-30-2011, 08:17 PM

3,638 posts, read 5,724,874 times
Default Maine's New Department Of Labor Wall Mural

Lol...
Attached Thumbnails
Jokes- Keep em clean please-wall-mural.jpg  

Old 03-31-2011, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
Lol...
How about the Mallside guy? Big, bigger, to how big you need?!?!?!?!

Old 03-31-2011, 04:56 AM

7,395 posts, read 12,287,478 times
A NY Yankees, NY Mets, and Red Sox fan are climbing a mountain, and arguing about who loves his team more. The Mets fan insists he is the most loyal. ''This is for the Mets'', he yells, and jumps off the mountain. Not to be outdone, the Red Sox fan is next to profess his love for his team. He yells "This is for the Red Sox!!!" and pushed the Yankee fan off the mountain.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
A NY Yankees, NY Mets, and Red Sox fan are climbing a mountain, and arguing about who loves his team more. The Mets fan insists he is the most loyal. ''This is for the Mets'', he yells, and jumps off the mountain. Not to be outdone, the Red Sox fan is next to profess his love for his team. He yells "This is for the Red Sox!!!" and pushed the Yankee fan off the mountain.

See; now that's just mean.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:04 AM

7,395 posts, read 12,287,478 times
LOL, my friend Lori said the same thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine