Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 12:14 PM

264 posts, read 758,575 times

Advertisements

Does anyone on here know of anyplace to ride horses on trails near Lincoln / Lowell area? Not needing a horse to ride... IF you already have a horse and drive and bring your horse with you to go ride. Where could you go to just trail ride on a horse? I have been searching the net with so many different words as my search with no luck.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 04:59 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
I should think that any Lincoln native would know about trails.

My SIL's land has a jeep trail on it which connects to another trail. Together they include about 2 or 3 miles of trail.

I would think that most properties have trails like this.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:11 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times
You can ride from Lowell to Lee, have a fine lunch and ride back. Same to Nicatous Lodge on Nicatous Lake. The best time during deer season is on Sundays.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:15 PM

20 posts, read 59,899 times
you wont find any designated trails near here, but there are plenty of good dirt roads that go for miles that you can ride on. The only trails I know of that you maybe able to get maps of would be the ones under the dwinal pond four season club, they have multiple use trails mapped. Out to Lowell you can ride for quite a while if you go to the end of the tannery road and go across the bridge onto fog brook road, or before the damn on the tannery road there is a road to the right that is real nice. Hope that helps, best to get a map and look for dirt roads....but be careful, its hunting season...best to wear orange and maybe some bells. I just sold my horses last year, I have been sick and it was too much work to do alone, but I know several area horse people and there has just in this past year been two horse clubs in this area that have started up.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:49 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,605,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2ME View Post
I have been searching the net with so many different words as my search with no luck.
Look up the KD Stable in the phone book once you get there. The stable is in Lee, ME and she can help you out with exactly what you are looking for. I don't think she has a website.

She provides horseback physical therapy for disabled children and always welcomes interested individuals to help out on those days. Nice lady to just sit and talk horses with.

Last edited by AliceT; 10-30-2008 at 06:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine