Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 06:42 AM

263 posts, read 616,246 times

Advertisements

It all start a week ago when the man pulled a gun on a police office at a seat belt check in Searsport. He was on the run since Oct 23rd. He was the reason we did not go to fright at the fort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 08:32 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,535,602 times
I just came in. Did the morning news say anything about why he behaved this way?

Old 11-01-2008, 08:54 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,360,450 times
I am sure he will plead he is insane. I hate people who do that. Insanity plea should not be allowed in my opinion. Anyone who does something like this is nuts to begin with, why let it excuse their behavior.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:05 PM

722 posts, read 1,511,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamorra2 View Post

Wow he is on crazy looking man, Good job to all of those that helped those fifthgraders, that is one halloween that will not be forgotten.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:52 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,447,538 times
That's a pretty unnerving photo. If you remove the background and the Waldo County Jail and insert a background of a farmers market or a lobster boat coming into dock, he'd look pretty normal.

The human mind can be quite twisted.

I'm thankful none of the kids were harmed physically. I would imagine they're pretty messed up emotionally right now though. What a bastar*. >:

I had made a call a week ago Friday to Searport Rug Hooking and got the answering machine. Julie called me back Monday and apologized and explained what had happened... her store is within the stretch that was closed down. They were all pretty spooked and they still hadn't caught him. It must have been a really upsetting week up there, waiting, waiting, waiting. But imagine how upsetting that he ended up at a school? What an *(%*$*@!!!

I hope he gets his clock cleaned in jail. lol Sorry. But I mean it. No one should mess with kids. I am so disturbed that the days of innocence enjoyed during our generations are gone. When this BS can happen in two tiny towns in the middle of nowhere that we all love, well gees. I don't know what to say. It makes me so sad.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:41 PM

898 posts, read 1,401,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
We already have license checks and metal detectors for everyone entering our schools here. And inside Houston city limits, there are security guards in every school. That's why we're moving to Maine!

I'm guessing this incident may have been a domestic dispute - father trying to get to his own child. That's the most likely scenario in my mind for Small Town, ME.

Not a domestic issue. This is the same guy that they've been looking for for the past week. He pulled a gun on one of Searsport's police officers during a stop, then fled. He had been on the loose for that week until they caught him today.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i am truely grateful.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:03 PM

277 posts, read 891,260 times
I've been following the story since it unfolded, but theres things that I just don't understand. I was sure that guy was long gone by now, but all of a sudden he pops up at a school? Where was this guy hiding out for a week? He surely wasn't in the woods, he would freeze. After being on the run that long why did it end the way it did? Don't get me wrong, I am extremely happy he didn't hurt anyone, espcially any of those kids. Why on earth would he pull some stupid $hit like that though? If he was trying to make a statement, I believe just walking into the police station would have been much better. I don't think this guy is insane, I think most everything he does seems to be somewhat calculated. Reading some of his posts on the forums that he posted, he seems to have some sort of train of thought upstairs.

I hope they throw the book at this joker though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine