Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 04:03 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Yup. And do you know what I saw today? Two partridge. I think I heard them laugh at me.
The game knows what day of the week it is!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 04:24 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
I'm going to Star's tomorrow!!! Whoo Hoo! My step-mother is going with me. I'll drop her off at our camp on the way home and hunt while a little out there. There aren't any deer there (according to Dad and his friends who go to hunting camp for a week, but you never know)! The difference between me and then is I'll be away from the poker table and actually pick up a rifle.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:28 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Quote:
I'm going to Star's tomorrow!!! Whoo Hoo! My step-mother is going with me. I'll drop her off at our camp on the way home and hunt while a little out there. There aren't any deer there (according to Dad and his friends who go to hunting camp for a week, but you never know)! The difference between me and then is I'll be away from the poker table and actually pick up a rifle.
Oh, a hunting trip is the place to play poker??? In that case, we're ALL IN!!!!! You guys should have said that in the very beginning of the hunting conversations! You've convinced me!!

Old 11-02-2008, 04:36 PM

There's alcohol involved too. And great food. They eat like kings all week.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:50 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,599 times
Hunting camp is where guys go to be guys. You know, they make all of those funky sounds from various parts of their bodies and then pat each other on the back and congratulate themselves.

They also consume massive amounts of alcohol in an almost contest sort of fashion. Stack up all of the dead soldiers and then take pictures of them, just for the memories.

Some of them don't even bother to take the shotgun or rifle out of the truck. But, they HAVE to bring it so the DW thinks they are REALLY going to hunt.

I'm jus' sayin'....

Old 11-02-2008, 05:23 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,579,285 times
I always wondered what Fly Rod Crosby drank at camp.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:58 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
Quote:
I have seen DOGS at the poker table, but never a deer... sounds to me like you might have a sporting chance at one!

I am as excited to have you and your step-mom coming as you two are. I'll make sure to keep K out of the autumn leaves (cookies) until you get here. <g>

I haven't seen any deer here either, though both neighbors and the former owner say they are here.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:48 AM

Nothing this morning but a cold face. I listened to something slowly moving in the woods in the distance for a while. Then the neighbor started his 18 wheeler and the deer(?) ran further away. He didn't leave, just let the truck idle, so I moved. Nothing triggered the time trap during the night. I'm going back to my first spot tomorrow morning. After walking the trail four times in day light I think I can do it in the dark.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:59 AM

722 posts, read 1,511,630 times
Quote:
Nothing this morning but a cold face. I listened to something slowly moving in the woods in the distance for a while. Then the neighbor started his 18 wheeler and the deer(?) ran further away. He didn't leave, just let the truck idle, so I moved. Nothing triggered the time trap during the night. I'm going back to my first spot tomorrow morning. After walking the trail four times in day light I think I can do it in the dark.
persistence paves the way, keep it up, and good luck. Hope you have de-icer for your lap top screen lol

Old 11-03-2008, 10:51 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,363,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Oh, a hunting trip is the place to play poker??? In that case, we're ALL IN!!!!! You guys should have said that in the very beginning of the hunting conversations! You've convinced me!!
Don't think the men take too kindly to women going to deer camp with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine