Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 03:16 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,243,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by contented View Post
i think you should go to blue hill and stay at the "BarnCastle" inn and restaurant and have a wood fired pizza (either the athenian or the pesto and fresh motz but on that one ask for fresh tomatoes instead of the sun dried ones. get the "spelt" dough instead of the white.

Barncastle Hotel + Restaurant (http://www.barn-castle.com/foodanddrink.html - broken link)

Jeezz... they're on a weekend trip and you suggest that they have pizza? There's a few other restaurants in Blue Hill that serve more than pizza. ( I don't care for pizza, could you tell?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 03:57 PM

169 posts, read 550,537 times
laffin.........i get yur drift austin. just try a small one from there and get back to me. while you're in blue hill running errands you can call it in 20 min. ahead of when you'll be going back home and get it to go, so that way if you hate it maybe the dog will like it, or you can give the remainder to jerry g.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:08 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
Jeezz... they're on a weekend trip and you suggest that they have pizza? There's a few other restaurants in Blue Hill that serve more than pizza. ( I don't care for pizza, could you tell?)
It would be nice if we knew what town they were going to! I might suggest lunch or dinner at The Nook and Cranny but I don't know if they're going to be in that area (Baileyville)

Old 12-03-2008, 05:38 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,243,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contented View Post
laffin.........i get yur drift austin. just try a small one from there and get back to me. while you're in blue hill running errands you can call it in 20 min. ahead of when you'll be going back home and get it to go, so that way if you hate it maybe the dog will like it, or you can give the remainder to jerry g.

We've eaten there. It was ok. When I eat pizza, I do prefer the thick chewey crust though.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,492 times
If you don't mind me asking...why have you already committed to Rite Aid?

My wife is a pharmacist, and we lived in Maine for three years, left for a few, and are heading back in July '09. There are 8-10 pharmacists that we used to spend time with on a regular basis, and not one of them had a good experience with Rite-Aid. Everyone who worked there ended up quitting within six months. As a pharmacist, you will be in GREAT demand throughout the state. You can essentially work and live anywhere you please...

Based on your list of preferences (minus the town restrictions suggested by rite aid), have you considered any of the towns 20-30 minutes west and northwest of Portland (Gorham, Gray, Naples, Raymond). You'll be close to hundreds of restaurants, the cost of living is reasonable, the lakes region will be at your doorstep, won't be nearly as cold as it is three to four hours north, very reasonable drive to home...

Also, be careful about using a recruiter. The money they make off of your referral should be going to YOU! Figure out where you would like to work, open a phone book, and call around to pharmacies. Many of them are offering massive sign on bonuses right now (>20,000), but you are unlikely to see the entirety (if any) of that bonus if you use a recruiter.

Good luck!

Old 12-04-2008, 07:05 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,549,100 times
If it were me and cost of housing wasn't an issue - I would love Blue Hill - but Belfast is nice. It's amazing how it has changed in the past 25 years, for the better.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:44 PM

4 posts, read 7,397 times
Default Trip Went Great!

We just got back from the trip and really loved the area. It was everything we had hoped for and we look forward to moving up there this summer. Thanks for all of your interest and advice over the last couple of weeks.

Chris

Old 12-09-2008, 03:00 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmRx View Post
We just got back from the trip and really loved the area. It was everything we had hoped for and we look forward to moving up there this summer. Thanks for all of your interest and advice over the last couple of weeks.

Chris
That is not fair!

I insist that you must tell us, where you went and what you saw.

Come on, come on, please.

PLEEEEEEEEEASE!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:29 PM

566 posts, read 1,417,942 times
Yeah what Forest said.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:48 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Please oh please, please

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine