Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 03:01 PM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Those are very nice photos, a wedding in old church would be very nice, more so if the bride [and her entire party] were wearing outfitted from Victoria's Secret.

Forest, I'm sure someone on here would be more than happy to get you signed up for Victoria's Secret catalogs...

Last edited by Fern435; 11-21-2008 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: punctuation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 04:19 PM

1,220 posts, read 3,932,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlover658 View Post
HI,
I'm just starting my search for a wedding dress, but have no clue where to begin. Can anyone recommend any stores that they've had good experiences with? Or if you've had any bad experiences, I'd like to know where to stay away from. Anywhere between Portland and Bangor would be great.

Thanks in advance!
I have better idea. Forego the entire wedding thing, and live in sin for the first couple of years.

The divorce will be MUCH less painful and expensive that way, and when you finally decide that the "right" combination is there based on knowledge and experience, you will be able to go anywhere to buy the perfect bridal costume. Maybe it will even be the local tack shop...they sell a LOT of bridle gear, I hear.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:26 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadianlion View Post
I have better idea. Forego the entire wedding thing, and live in sin for the first couple of years.

The divorce will be MUCH less painful and expensive that way, and when you finally decide that the "right" combination is there based on knowledge and experience, you will be able to go anywhere to buy the perfect bridal costume. Maybe it will even be the local tack shop...they sell a LOT of bridle gear, I hear.
A tack shop may have bridle gear, but it really would not make a bride look stunning at her wedding.

There is another store however that does offer bridal outfits, which make a bride look amazing!

Old 11-21-2008, 04:48 PM

Entirely dependant upon the filly.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:32 PM

78 posts, read 222,835 times
The formal image in Lewiston is where I got mine.... They had a great selection and the service was VERY good... My husband got off his deployment from Iraq and propoased the end of July...we were married Oct 11th of that year... I started shoping the end of August... It was NO problem with alterations at all!!! They were GREAT!! Caldwell's on Center st. is where I got my hair piece.. they had nice ones there...My dress was like 265 dollars.... great prices too!!!
address
675 Main St, Lewiston - (207) 786-0310

Hope this helps!! I did look at David's bridal but it seemed like the dresses there were just the same ole same ole.. or what EVERYONE had been wearing....

Old 11-21-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadianlion View Post
Entirely dependant upon the filly.
While a filly may look nice wearing bridle tack, all brides look fantastic when wearing outfits from Victoria's Secrets.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:32 PM

I quite agree. I particularly liked the bridle thong that they developed for the opening of the Run for the Roses....

Old 11-22-2008, 04:50 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,517,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
David's Bridal in the Maine Mall (S. Portland) is always a safe bet.
I've had a pretty good experinece with David's as well. We were broke college kids when I was shopping for mine and I didn't have the snooty condescencion(sp?) that I was expecting. Of course, the was way down here in hickville, too.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
I've had a pretty good experinece with David's as well. We were broke college kids when I was shopping for mine and I didn't have the snooty condescencion(sp?) that I was expecting. Of course, the was way down here in hickville, too.
I am certain that you looked very nice too.

Speaking of getting things on a budget, I know that I have heard [perhaps from Gretchen Wilson] that if you shop around you can get the same 'darn' thing as Victoria's Secret has, but much cheaper elsewhere.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:10 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,517,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I am certain that you looked very nice too.

Speaking of getting things on a budget, I know that I have heard [perhaps from Gretchen Wilson] that if you shop around you can get the same 'darn' thing as Victoria's Secret has, but much cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks *blushes*.. brides look beautiful no matter what, IMHO. It's such a magical experience. Me, well I giglled through my whole wedding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine