Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 05:03 AM

2,788 posts, read 8,013,046 times

Advertisements

I didn't post when I first read this 'cause I was laughing so much. Then I had to run into the other room and tell the story to my DH. Sorry for the boy's booboo. Life sucks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 05:46 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,463,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
I'd be screaming at the top of my lungs for help and crying inbetween screams. Then I'd pass out. When I woke up, I'd repeat the same scenario. lol

Help Grasshoppa, how would a chick break a cah window when one hand is shut in the door? I don't even know if I could break one with two hands!

Or is this advice not applicable to chicks?
Simple, you'd just take that leatherman out of your back pocket, use one of those handy dandy tools and drill a teeny weeny hole in the window, then use one of those pressure suction cups and gently loosen it up. From there reach into your purse for the WD/40 you always keep in there and grease up your hand caught in the door. Then there's always the duct tape that is also in your purse... we call that the "carpenters band-aid". Bandage up your hand with that and get on with your day!

Old 12-05-2008, 05:58 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times
It hurts.........BAD! I had my four fingers slammed in the car door when I was 14. My bff was with us shopping one day, and she apparently didn't see my hand still there when she sat down and slammed it. OMG the pain!!! Nothing was broken, but it was swollen, bruised and numb for quite a while.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:31 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,540,190 times
Some day this guy's going to be here on the forum us, tell his story Ranger style (the way Ranger makes us laugh), and Ranger's going to yell, "You owe me your life! I saved you!"

Old 12-05-2008, 07:53 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,876,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melinuxfool View Post
For a moment, I was reminded of the guy in Waterville that walks around the streets and waves at everyone he sees.
That was my first thought too.

I'm trying really hard not to think about my hand slammed in the car door. The locked door. I'm pretty sure fainting, screaming and perhaps throwing up would be involved.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:36 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times
I don't know how you do it Ranger but you seem to always find yourself around the weirdos somehow!!
Kids stealing your truck etc! Just lucky I guess!!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:41 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,362,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I don't know how you do it Ranger but you seem to always find yourself around the weirdos somehow!!
Its the sign stamped on his forehead.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:44 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,449,610 times
I shut two fingers in my garage door last spring. The same two I almost chain-sawed off in 2004. The chitty part was, the door was all the way UP and opened and to get my fingers out, I had to bring the door all the way back down again. So I stood there for about 20 seconds saying, "Oh crap, this is gonna hurt". Then I brought the door back down. They were purple/deep blue as soon as I took them out. NOT a good sign. lmao I stood there looking at the mangled things and thinking, this prolly isn't very good, I can't really feel much pain!!

Since sawing them, I only have a teensy bit of feeling in them. That was the end of April. 8 months ago and the nail on my middle finger is just now growing out far enough to look normal.

When I went to the doctors about 2 weeks later for something else, he looked at my still blue fingers and the middle fingernail and said, if you'd come in when you did that, I could have drilled a hole in your nail and let the blood out. AHHHHH, I don't thinks so!!!! lol He said it was too late now and I'd have to wait for my body to absorb the dried blood under my nail.

At Thanksgiving, when I was mixing up the pudding for the pumpkin trifle, I caught the SAME two fingers in the mixers!!!!!! WTF??? lol Still have a black and blue line halfway down the finger from that little mishap. One of my friends just laughs every time another misadventure happens to those two fingers and tells me, "I keep tellin' ya, cut those damn two off, they just keep gettin' in the way of everything!' lolololol

Old 12-05-2008, 09:45 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,449,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
Its the sign stamped on his forehead.
I have that sign too... it blinks on and off.... it's my magnet!!!!! roflmao!!!!!!

Last edited by 7th generation; 12-05-2008 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: please keep it PG thanks

Old 12-05-2008, 10:13 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,202,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
my wife says im a magnet.i tend to beleave her.

Last edited by 7th generation; 12-05-2008 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine