Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2008, 03:22 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
I agree with you on those hideous blow up Christmas decorations. I hope that they soon fall out of fashion, the sooner the better.

Have you seen the new LED Christmas lights? I like them. They are extra bright, with sort of a clean light, and are supposedly more energy efficient.
http://www.ursai.net/blog/tree1.jpg (broken link)
Yes, K bought a string; they are the blue-white spiral down the tree, in contrast to the warm-white of the tiny incandescent lights.

Below is the tree, by daylight...
http://www.ursai.net/blog/tree2.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 06:11 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
Yes, K bought a string; they are the blue-white spiral down the tree, in contrast to the warm-white of the tiny incandescent lights.

Below is the tree, by daylight...
I like the lights!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:17 PM

566 posts, read 1,417,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
I will provide a memorable holiday and a warm home. Can't fix the world, but you can do your part I guess.
Merry Christmas CoastalMaine. Bless you

Old 12-09-2008, 06:26 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I like the lights!
They are growing on me. since they are larger than the little ones I have been using -- more the size of the "old fashioned" larger bulbs -- I wish they had clips on the to hold them in place on the branches.

I think next year, as we move to more of this style, we will try to rig something for this function.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:39 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,461,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
I vote yes on the Tumbleman!!! rofl And put some lights on him and a scarf!!!

I bought two wreaths last night. Now I have to dig out the wire and starfish and the red bows. Maybe tomorrow.

Working on whether I'll do a tree or not.

I unexpectedly learned I've got a dear friend who will be residing with me for a bit. They were evicted from their house rental because of non-payment. Tough right now for a carpenter/handyman. They've got 3 kids. The SO and the kids as well as two cats are going one place, my friend and his dog are coming my way. I guess I will be making some sort of Christmas spirit for them. They're so down and out. Sigh. Really puts chit in perspective. Looks like maybe the girls and cats will all move in here when I head to Florida and he will come to Florida with me to complete some rehab. I hope that will give them a rung up on the ladder to getting back on their feet. Is that a Merry Christmas or what? The kids suffering break my heart. I won't let that happen. I will provide a memorable holiday and a warm home. Can't fix the world, but you can do your part I guess.
See, it's doing something nice for others that puts you in the true spirit! You're a good friend, it is going to be a rough road for so many people.
I know you'll provide those little kids with a nice little Christmas.

I was just telling Allison that maybe that'll help me. I've got to go find some place to help out. It makes me feel good to give to others less fortunate. Being around kids for a couple hours a day might work, like maybe those in the hospital.... maybe that's the ticket!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
See, it's doing something nice for others that puts you in the true spirit! You're a good friend, it is going to be a rough road for so many people.
I know you'll provide those little kids with a nice little Christmas.

I was just telling Allison that maybe that'll help me. I've got to go find some place to help out. It makes me feel good to give to others less fortunate. Being around kids for a couple hours a day might work, like maybe those in the hospital.... maybe that's the ticket!
I'm going to do something nice for myself. I'm off the the fridge for another beer! Ho Ho Ho!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:14 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,461,765 times
Well, there's good taste and then there's the alternative, hideous!

Sometimes, less is more!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
Well, there's good taste and then there's the alternative, hideous!

Sometimes, less is more!
More or less!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:33 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,422,203 times
We finally got ours up last weekend. Put me right in the spirit of the season! I did up a couple fake wreaths with those LED light and really like them!! Maybe next year we'll put them on the tree too!

If I ever remember to bring in my camera and download it I'll post some photos!

Old 12-11-2008, 04:06 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda B View Post
I see blow ups set out in a row of a dozen or so, and am curious how someone can live in such a shoddy home, obviously not work on repairs or landscaping, and then shell out all this money for tacky, energy wasting decor.
Some people have different priorities. They might choose having fun over making their yard look like something out of BH&G. Some people have a psychological need for perfection and will expend enormous sums of money to have their yard project a particular appearance while others simply couldn't care less.

As one who has been known to let yardwork fall by the wayside, I can understand it. I'd much rather fill up the gas tank on my bike than the tank on the mower, and go cruising down the road with the wind in my face. Life is too short to worry about the grass. When I'm about to cash in my chips and go for the long sleep under the grass, I'm sure as heck not going to be wishing I'd cut it more often. Anybody what don't like it can come and do it for me if that is how they want to spend their time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine