Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2009, 09:33 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
... A med is making me hyper on three hours of sleep. I'll get a lot of desk work done today. I've fed and watered chickens, ducks and turkeys and caught a full grown tom and tossed him back over the fence. He likes the noise of the snow blower so he flew over the fence to come out to the drive and gobble at it early this morning. When Steve finished the drive the turkey went back to the fence and gobbled to be put in. Apparently flying in is more confusing than out. Other than that and breakfast, I've done nothing. Wish you were here Boon. I'm going to fill out the last of the seed order this morning.
Our birds do that too. They can figure out how to fly out, but they forget how to fly back in.

'Seed catalogs'!

I have been going through those too.

Okay fine, I will start a new thread

Old 01-09-2009, 09:55 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
Quote:
Bumping this over here.

A med is making me hyper on three hours of sleep. I'll get a lot of desk work done today. I've fed and watered chickens, ducks and turkeys and caught a full grown tom and tossed him back over the fence. He likes the noise of the snow blower so he flew over the fence to come out to the drive and gobble at it early this morning. When Steve finished the drive the turkey went back to the fence and gobbled to be put in. Apparently flying in is more confusing than out. Other than that and breakfast, I've done nothing. Wish you were here Boon. I'm going to fill out the last of the seed order this morning.
ok, this from the woman who was told just YESTERDAY!!!! "don't go out in the cold unless you absolutely HAVE to!!!" so, I'm wondering why, for a few days, can't Steve or T do the "fed and watered" bit before they leave??? And did you notice while you were out there padding around that today is COLDER than yesterday.... geez.... what am I going to do with you?? and now that I know this, I'm going over to Facebook and I'm going to cut and paste this message into a message.... or maybe on your wall so that everyone can gang up on you

ok, I'm sorry. I feel like I'm picking on you! Just know that I am worried though and I want you to get better

Last edited by mollysmiles; 01-09-2009 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: felt bad!

Old 01-09-2009, 10:47 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
ok, this from the woman who was told just YESTERDAY!!!! "don't go out in the cold unless you absolutely HAVE to!!!" so, I'm wondering why, for a few days, can't Steve or T do the "fed and watered" bit before they leave??? And did you notice while you were out there padding around that today is COLDER than yesterday.... geez.... what am I going to do with you?? and now that I know this, I'm going over to Facebook and I'm going to cut and paste this message into a message.... or maybe on your wall so that everyone can gang up on you
That's ok. You know what they say about payback when you make a sick girl cry! I was back inside in less than 10 minutes. Steve's been doing it before he leaves but he left before sunrise this morning. If it's too early the water freezes before the birds get enough to drink. I wore my scarf. T takes care of them in the afternoon when she gets home.

Quote:
ok, I'm sorry. I feel like I'm picking on you! Just know that I am worried though and I want you to get better

She reallywas worried. She called me before I saw this. Too funny!

Old 01-09-2009, 12:31 PM

653 posts, read 1,918,895 times
this morning on the way to post office, i turn on the heater in my truck about 10-15 mins i small smoke, i though it from people fireplace along the road. after done with post office and on my way to Charlottesville the smoke came out from the air vent at the dash board so i turn around try to get back home. the smoke come out stronger so i pull the truck off the high way to check what may have cause all those smoke, i see small fire under the dash board try to put fire out, unsucessfull by the time the fire truck was there most of truck had burn to the metal.
may be i have to add fire extinguishers on the list when use car heater.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:40 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boonelsewhere View Post
this morning on the way to post office, i turn on the heater in my truck about 10-15 mins i small smoke, i though it from people fireplace along the road. after done with post office and on my way to Charlottesville the smoke came out from the air vent at the dash board so i turn around try to get back home. the smoke come out stronger so i pull the truck off the high way to check what may have cause all those smoke, i see small fire under the dash board try to put fire out, unsucessfull by the time the fire truck was there most of truck had burn to the metal.
Ouch, I do hope that you are okay.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:44 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Quote:
That's ok. You know what they say about payback when you make a sick girl cry! I was back inside in less than 10 minutes. Steve's been doing it before he leaves but he left before sunrise this morning. If it's too early the water freezes before the birds get enough to drink. I wore my scarf. T takes care of them in the afternoon when she gets home.

She reallywas worried. She called me before I saw this. Too funny!
Do I need to bring my big girl switch up there right this minute and tan your hide? Girl!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 01:45 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
boon you are very lucky to have gotten out of the truck! I'm sorry to hear that happened, but glad you got out!

Old 01-09-2009, 01:57 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boonelsewhere View Post
Are you sure you're ok? Did you breathe in any smoke? That's scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Do I need to bring my big girl switch up there right this minute and tan your hide? Girl!!!
Oh please! You'd have to catch me first and I happen to know you're not running today.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:01 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Quote:
Are you sure you're ok? Did you breathe in any smoke? That's scary.

Oh please! You'd have to catch me first and I happen to know you're not running today.
Ah yes! But remember, I grew up in Texas. I know how to use a lasso!!

Boon, you're lucky! I'm glad you got out unharmed. You're vehicle can be replaced. Brad has made quite a few vehicle fires. They don't always turn out well for the passengers!

Old 01-09-2009, 02:07 PM

653 posts, read 1,918,895 times
i am ok a bit shaky but ok. thanks forest,molly,mw and elcarim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine