Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 01:20 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times

Advertisements

Fritos are just about my favorite chip. How do you make them home-made?

Old 01-11-2009, 02:10 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Fritos are just about my favorite chip. How do you make them home-made?
2 cups corn flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup water

We have been able to make corn meal, but that corn flour part is a process that we have not conquered [yet]. So B had to buy this corn flour from a store. As soon as we work out making our own corn flour, then we will make it ourselves.

Mix and roll out into round tortillas. On a hot lightly oiled grill lightly brown each tortilla. You now have corn tortillas for fajitas or burritos or enchiladas!

Or cut them into slices and deep fry them. Salt to taste.

What I tried today was using an electric pannini [sp] maker. It is like a turn-over iron or waffle iron. But both the top and bottom parts are flat with shallow flower patterns in them for making a cracker that looks like a flower. It is coated with non-stickum so it does not need any oil.

I rolled the batter into one inch balls and pressed them in our pannini maker. It takes four at a time. the tortillas came out the thickness of a coin and 3 inches in diameter. I cut those into 1 1/2 inch strips and deep fried them.

The red 'seasoned' salt works good too.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:16 PM

467 posts, read 1,124,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I am going to pull my jeans on over my fleece pants and get out to shovel the walk....I am thinking the plow guy will be here soon to do the driveway. It is sunny and bright right now and the snow has stopped.
I see you wrote that about 2 hours ago. We just came back from our walk and the sun is now setting and that beautiful golden glow has taken over most of the sky. Not long before nightfall here... But it was another beautiful day, wasn't it?

Old 01-11-2009, 04:59 PM

48,123 posts, read 21,999,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoundtofindME View Post
I see you wrote that about 2 hours ago. We just came back from our walk and the sun is now setting and that beautiful golden glow has taken over most of the sky. Not long before nightfall here... But it was another beautiful day, wasn't it?
Yes it was! I am glad that you had a good walk and took the time and appreciated the golden end of the day.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:31 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,463,517 times
I found this article to be very interesting. LifeFlight will provide a very valuable service to snowmobilers in Maine. The local clubs are going to be working pretty hard to establish these landing sites along their trails.
Hard work will pay off. Time saves lives.

(Rockland ) LifeFlight partners with snowmobile association to improve emergency access - Community Happenings - VillageSoup

Old 01-11-2009, 07:37 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,202,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
I'm actually sitting here in Brad's baggy jammie pants! Comfy. Not too binding on the belly!

And I'm watching "Snoopy" out there in her new spot on the run, on top of her house.....crazy girl! He no sooner got the house moved, and she was back on her perch.

She has learned a new trick....climbing the fence! She's gotten out 3 times in the last 10 days and run us all over the neighborhood trying to catch her. We finally had to chain her just to keep her in the yard. Poor baby!
youll have to paint that dog blaze orange when you get to maine or you might lose her in the snow.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:14 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,340,767 times
Guess I had better get Casper (the four legged one) a neon doggy sweater if I don't want to lose him in the snow. (White boxer.)

Old 01-12-2009, 06:07 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,099,406 times
Peachie I saw your note in the other thread about the Christmas lights being up and wanted to reply. I was typing along then realized I better reply over here!!

I can't bear to take them down! I did take the candy canes down... they were lining the little space from the driveway to the porch. We'd gotten some very windy days, and they looked awful! I have the Christmas stuff packed away inside, but the "winter" things are still up! Someone had given us some of the snowflake lights that line the walkway, but the ground was frozen and there was no way I could get the stakes in..... but I really wanted to use them. There is a window over the kitchen sink, and I took the curtains down and wrapped the snowflake lights around the rod. It's a set of 4, and I staggered the length.... I LOVE it! It's so nice at night to have the lights off and just those on. I don't think they'll ever go outside now.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:19 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper1212 View Post
Guess I had better get Casper (the four legged one) a neon doggy sweater if I don't want to lose him in the snow. (White boxer.)
Do dogs get 'lost' in the snow?

Ours dogs go outside, do their stuff, run. play, explore, and when they are ready to come inside they scratch on the door.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:20 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,653,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I missed it, was there a different kind of bowling in Old Town?

If that coffee shop in V-town does not open, we can still meet at Divas in Bangor.
Are you aware Divas has moved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine