Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 06:30 PM

264 posts, read 755,285 times

Advertisements

Thought this story was funny and cute... We were just up at our house in Maine the last week of Dec so of course there was alot of snow right after the blizzard you guys had...

So... today...
We woke up to a bit of snow flurries this morning. Not a lot but a small dusting however its the most we've gotton here in south Jersey so far this year. It just does not snow around here anymore it seems. We havn't gotton a good snow in a few years now so Kaylee (just turned 4) doesn't even remember snow around here since she's so young.

As Kaylee was about to get on her bus this morning, she was ALL excited saying "mom, there's snow, we need more snow though because we can't play in this like we played in the snow in Maine, we need more like we played with in Maine" Then she starts telling me, "When I get home I am going to play in the snow, I'm going to show my bus drivers the snow we got ok mom?"

In the few hours Kaylee was in school, all the snow pretty much disappeared except for little patches.

So then the bus starts pulling in to drop her off and I walk out to get her... As Kaylee is walking off the bus, the driver asks her (since she "showed" the driver her snow earlier)... Where did all your snow go? Kaylee turns and looks at her and says very matter of factly, "It all went home, home to its snowflake house". LOL!!! Oh my gosh, we both started chuckling trying to keep a strait face.. Then as we walked up to the house, I said, where's the snowflake house at? She replies, "Its in Maine because there is a lot of snow in Maine"

Oh how I LOVE this age... So now you all know... the "snowflake house" is in Maine with you guys... so for Kaylee... please send some of that snow back on down to NJ for her! LOL

Old 01-15-2009, 06:32 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,043,489 times
ohhhhhhh.... that was sooooo bad! lol (still laughing though!)

Tankratt congratulations!!! I'm very happy for you!

Old 01-15-2009, 06:33 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,043,489 times
NJ that is sweet!!

Old 01-15-2009, 06:34 PM

264 posts, read 755,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankratt View Post
Thanks to all of you guys who wished me luck on the job interview. Good news, I was offered the job, and start Monday. I will be working out of Seattle, but like I said they have two offices in Maine, and hope to transfer in the near future. 2009 is already better then 08. Thanks again everyone!!!!

Congrats Tankratt! Thats GREAT news! Hopefully you'll be in Maine soon!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:56 PM

566 posts, read 1,412,039 times
Quote:
Thanks to all of you guys who wished me luck on the job interview. Good news, I was offered the job, and start Monday. I will be working out of Seattle, but like I said they have two offices in Maine, and hope to transfer in the near future. 2009 is already better then 08. Thanks again everyone!!!!
Awesome news! Congratulations!!!!!!! What type of work is it?

Old 01-15-2009, 08:14 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,573,654 times
Quote:
Good for you tankratt! Best of luck!

Old 01-15-2009, 08:39 PM

722 posts, read 1,504,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juststoppinby View Post
Awesome news! Congratulations!!!!!!! What type of work is it?
Haz Mat, emergency response to oil and chemical spills, soil remediation. So I work on land and water, it's always interesting.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:33 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,417,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
I just saw that! MIL, who works for Continental, will be happy it's not one of hers! Thank goodness it appears everyone came out alright, but you can imagine the lawsuits that will ensue. This is the last thing an airline needs in this economy.
The attorney pundits on tv actually said there's not a successful lawsuit in this because the geese are an act of nature and therefore the airline isn't liable. That along with the fact the pilot saved everyone on board, doesn't bode well for slick lawyers. 78 injured out of 153 passengers, but none died. Absolutely an amazing feat. No doubt it comes from the fabulous experience and success he had as an air force pilot.

Last edited by CoastalMaine; 01-15-2009 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: I omited a word.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:10 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,461,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
The attorney pundits on tv actually said there's not a successful lawsuit in this because the geese are an act of nature and therefore the airline isn't liable.
I'm very glad to hear that. Can you imagine what a successful suit could start? We could start suing someone for every moose, deer and rabbit we hit.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:24 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,490,982 times
Yippee for tankratt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine