Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2008, 07:39 PM

16 posts, read 41,900 times

Advertisements

I am interested in purchasing some clothes for my 6 year old niece, who lives in Blue Hill. I would like to purchase it from a local store in case there is a problem with the size or style. I will need to do this via the phone or internet. Any suggestions in that area? The closest I was able to find on my own was in Bangor, and that seems quite far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 07:49 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,466,823 times
Wish I could help you but instead I just have to comment on your screen name. My best friend here in FL is a Game ****! ***** Rule! Sorry, I don't know if you won today.... I haven't seen my GameCock since lunch!

*carry on*

Last edited by island mermaid; 12-06-2008 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: ohhhhh... my bad... said the *C* word

Old 12-06-2008, 07:55 PM

467 posts, read 1,125,408 times
Try L. L. Bean online. Wonderful return policy. They have an outlet store in Ellsworth about 10 min or so from Blue Hill. Other than that - Renys or Marden's in Ellsworth, but it's overstock and hit or miss with what they carry. Also, there's always Walmart in Ellsworth. Oh and just thought of the Grasshopper Shop in Ellsworth, but may be rather pricey for kids stuff. Good luck!

Old 12-07-2008, 07:10 AM

44 posts, read 102,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoundtofindME View Post
Try L. L. Bean online. Wonderful return policy.
I agree Bean's the easiest to order from and generous return policy.

I was in their Freeport store return line a few nights ago and heard a return clerk tell a couple who were returning a child's coat that was a year old: "well, our satisfaction guarantee doesn't normally cover when your child grows out of his coat, but we'll make an exception and take it back for you."

That's exceptional customer service ... I'm shocked someone would try to even return something a year later because their child had grown out of it though. I mean really ......

Old 12-11-2008, 02:41 PM

16 posts, read 41,900 times
Thanks everyone for the help.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:15 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,245,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockmom View Post
Thanks everyone for the help.

There's a small clothing store un Blue Hill. The name of it is Sara Saras, or something like that. I don't know anything about it, except that the owner is an extremely nice lady.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:11 PM

67 posts, read 238,267 times
Gamecockmom, I'd go with Bean's. There's not really anything in or near Blue Hill for kids, and I agree about the ease of returning something right at the Factory Outlet in Ellsworth if needed. SaraSara's is wonderful, but it's an upscale women's store.

Speaking of Bean's return policy, I was at the Factory Outlet in Ellsworth a couple years ago when a woman came in with her two middle-school-aged kids, and their two very, very worn backpacks. Both backpacks were monogrammed with what I assume were the kid's initials, and I'm not joking when I say they'd probably had those packs for years--the packs looked about like they'd been dropped off the Empire State building. Well, Mom was determined to return those backpacks; in front of a bunch of incredulous customers (me included), she said she didn't think the packs had "worn like they should." It took real nerve for her to do that, trust me--I think by the looks of things lesser packs would have given up the ghost way before these. Well, the clerk took the packs without hesitating (the only explanation is that this must be drummed into all Bean's employees from Day One), and her sole concession was that because the packs were so old, never mind monogrammed, she could only offer the mother an exchange for two new ones. Mom harrumphed to the back of the store, got two more backpacks, and off they went.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine