Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 07:21 AM

444 posts, read 928,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrackly View Post
I could use a bailout about now. My DH just got the word (expectedly) of severe cutbacks at his work. I'm on layoff from my seasonal job so I have to put my artwork aside(stuff's not selling) and hit the bricks for a real job. Luckily we're financial pessimists, so we have some money in the bank, a conservative mortgage, and low key lifestyle. Pray we don't get sick or injured, that I can't hedge against!

The holiday season is just grand.
Sorry to hear this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 02:36 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,340,874 times
I say make anybody who wants a bailout has to make everybody in their company who makes over a half mil a year help pay it back. ALL OF IT, with interest on the same kind of time frame as their house payments. No putting it off, quitting or filing for bankruptcy to get out of it. The higher the salary, the higher the contribution to repay the bailout. Do you see anybody offering to bailout tcrackly and hubby? Or any of the other hundreds of thousands of people who work hard to PAY for those bailouts, and then, when things get tough, the big bosses start laying off employees instead of laying off salaries and expense accounts.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:42 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,667,921 times
Quote:
I could use a bailout about now. My DH just got the word (expectedly) of severe cutbacks at his work. I'm on layoff from my seasonal job so I have to put my artwork aside(stuff's not selling) and hit the bricks for a real job. Luckily we're financial pessimists, so we have some money in the bank, a conservative mortgage, and low key lifestyle. Pray we don't get sick or injured, that I can't hedge against!

The holiday season is just grand.
Could have used that deer!!

Old 12-11-2008, 09:28 AM

2,788 posts, read 8,013,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
If things don't look any better we might just have to take on anyway.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:53 AM

504 posts, read 902,354 times
Quote:
Put your faith in God! That's what he wants and I have to practice that on a daily basis..

“Then Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?’” (Luke 12:22-26, NIV).

Old 12-11-2008, 10:24 AM

Thanks, truthseeker. Faith, as meager as mine is, has been the only reliable support I've had in 4 years of troubles.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:38 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker2012 View Post
Put your faith in God! That's what he wants and I have to practice that on a daily basis..

“Then Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?’” (Luke 12:22-26, NIV).
Great post Truthseeker.

Last edited by 7th generation; 12-11-2008 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: ain't pickin' on ya, but terms of service prohibits such comments

Old 12-11-2008, 11:35 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,667,921 times
Quote:
If things don't look any better we might just have to take on anyway.
Seriously....contact the Maine Warden Service. There is a game sharing program through them. Often people will shoot a deer and donate the meat to this program. Some just hunt for the head mounts and don't want the meat. The Warden Service can tell you what is available and it's all for free!

Old 12-11-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Seriously....contact the Maine Warden Service. There is a game sharing program through them. Often people will shoot a deer and donate the meat to this program. Some just hunt for the head mounts and don't want the meat. The Warden Service can tell you what is available and it's all for free!
True, but I'm sure there are people that need it more than I do.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:25 PM

67 posts, read 238,207 times
Default Moving to Houlton

Hi, all--
I'm coming into this a bit late, so my apologies.
Truthseeker, I'm just curious, are you familiar with Houlton? I'm guessing you may have driven up there...I'm asking because my mother's entire family is from Houlton (from the early 1800's), I lived there myself as a kid, and I still have lots of relatives there. I love it, I miss it, and this isn't a slam, but I have to say it...there sure isn't much there for most people, and "cold" is an understatement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine