Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 01:20 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,340,767 times

Advertisements

I was about to blast Maineah until I realized he was probably intentionally trying to jerk my chain. Yeah, feds have a very good retirement system. But do we need feds? Yes. Do most make the kind of money elected officials make? Hell, no! Do people like border patrol and customs who, on the Mexican border, risk getting shot at on a daily basis? Abso-freaking-lutely! In fact, they should get a bonus every time somebody give them crap, which is not a daily event so much as hourly. Oh, by the way. Their retirement? It comes out of their pockets. It's not social security. They pay into it because they know they can't retire on what social security pays.
I know, wrong thread, but Maineah started it!

Old 12-15-2008, 01:23 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper1212 View Post
I was about to blast Maineah until I realized he was probably intentionally trying to jerk my chain. Yeah, feds have a very good retirement system. But do we need feds? Yes. Do most make the kind of money elected officials make? Hell, no! Do people like border patrol and customs who, on the Mexican border, risk getting shot at on a daily basis? Abso-freaking-lutely! In fact, they should get a bonus every time somebody give them crap, which is not a daily event so much as hourly. Oh, by the way. Their retirement? It comes out of their pockets. It's not social security. They pay into it because they know they can't retire on what social security pays.
I know, wrong thread, but Maineah started it!
Are you trippin??? I started nothing here. Track back to see it's a quote from Zymer! Don't flatter yourself I know nothing about you ! It's in italics for a reason! HAVE A NICE TIME ON MY IGNORE LIST!

Last edited by Maineah; 12-15-2008 at 01:43 PM..

Old 12-15-2008, 01:40 PM

467 posts, read 1,124,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiisai View Post
What should I NOT burn in my wood stove?

I'm thinking pine, because of the pitch, am I right?
!
How would you know unless anyone took the time to tell you? You should not burn soft wood (of which pine is) or green non-seasoned wood (newly cut) as they contribute to creosote which can cause a chimney fire and burn your house down...

Old 12-15-2008, 02:00 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiisai View Post
I was just wondering....

as a kid I just chopped the wood, I never questioned what kind it was.

What should I NOT burn in my wood stove?

I'm thinking pine, because of the pitch, am I right?

Other than the scooping of the ashes, and the cleaning of the pipes, what else is required?

That is all I ever remember doing as a kid.

I'll start a NEW thread if anyone thinks I should....

Thanks again for your answers!
You started it now.

That has been a touchy subject with some folks in the past.

A lot of folks seem to have their own favorite wood and burning procedure.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:41 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoundtofindME View Post
How would you know unless anyone took the time to tell you? You should not burn soft wood (of which pine is) or green non-seasoned wood (newly cut) as they contribute to creosote which can cause a chimney fire and burn your house down...
You can burn whatever you find as long as it's dry. You are correct with the pine. Not a good idea to burn a whole lot of it. I burn some now and then if I happen to have it. Just don't burn pellets in your woodstove as they will over heat it. You can make nice fire starters out of pellets and wax and some kind of mold. Santa or Christmas tree firestarters might be in the holiday spirit! Ho Ho Ho!

Old 12-15-2008, 02:50 PM

722 posts, read 1,511,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
There, breaking it into 3 parts worked. Why the heck couldn't they *SAY* it was too long, instead of some stupid garbage about a missing "security token"???????
Hey Z, wow after that you should stay warm all winter .That vein in your forehead is starting to wiggle alot, maybe sit down and go to your happy place, do you need a paper bag? Looks like your starting to hyperventilate.............Doctor!!!!! IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE C-D?!!!! WE NEED A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine