Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2008, 11:07 AM

1 posts, read 4,271 times

Advertisements

Can someone help me with rental property in Eastport? I Would love to move back year-round but I've heard that most of the apartments are controlled by a woman who is not from Eastport and not very ethical. I read this in a blog recently and I hope it's not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 11:09 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,971,814 times
I don't know if that's true or not but I own in Eastport and don't rent. You can contact the local realty company for information on rentals in Eastport. Good luck to you.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:50 PM

45 posts, read 110,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Lobsters View Post
Can someone help me with rental property in Eastport? I Would love to move back year-round but I've heard that most of the apartments are controlled by a woman who is not from Eastport and not very ethical. I read this in a blog recently and I hope it's not true.
We used the lady in question ( I think) to screen applicants for a home we were renting. She just took the application/verification info and forwarded it to us for the final decision. I don't see how she could control much considering the owners have the final say. I'd say ignore the rumors,continue your search and enjoy Eastport. It's a great place to live

Old 12-18-2008, 01:05 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,717,566 times
talk to a realtor........there has to be multiple vacant properties that you could work something out with the owner to rent.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:10 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,971,814 times
Thanks cmperry, I'm pretty sure I know who 21 lobsters is talking about now and she is a fine lady and the information is totally incorrect. She manages our property in the winter and we are fully satisfied with her performance and her ethics.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:04 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,489,967 times
I agree with Corgis, if 21 is talking about the person I think, she manages our property also, and I can't think of any issues. In fact she goes way beyond what most property managers will do!

Old 12-18-2008, 03:59 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,884,828 times
I think we're all thinking of the same person. I deal with her from time to time and have found her very professional. Not to say that she can't get me aggravated at times. But I believe her to be quite ethical. She takes care of a lot of properties here. The trouble is you can here just about anything in Eastport. The word "probably" usually gets dropped from a story about the second time it gets told. Like the song says: "The stories get stronger on diown the line". Heck the most lively raucus party I never held at my house I was in Georgia visiting friends. I say talk to her.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:48 PM

96 posts, read 201,327 times
I think I also know the lady in question, and she has been nothing but a help to us in the past. Besides looking in the Quoddy Tides for rentals, I recommend looking at House Checkers' site (they recently changed the name to Cobscook Property Management):
Cobscook Property Management - Eastport Vacation Rentals & Property Management & Real Estate
They have listings of rentals available now, both seasonal and year-round. Give her a call or e-mail, she will help you!

Old 12-28-2008, 06:53 PM

129 posts, read 246,569 times
A good thing to do would be to find a furnished rental for a month and walk through everything yourself. There are plenty of furnished rentals and accommodating landlords at this time of year. Depending on what you want, what sounds perfect on the internet may not meet expectations in reality. Merry Christmas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine