Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 02:42 PM

67 posts, read 212,750 times

Advertisements

lol, i used to live in vassalboro! well i'm near augusta and it's not bad of a drive over. Some of the coffie shops around here has been really poor. Espeically the dunkit donuts in gardiner and augusta. They have been horrible and served old donuts along with mildly warm/cold coffees. I've given up on them.....

i'm sure that topless coffee shop would always have fresh food and coffee....

I totaly cant wait! AAAAHAHAHAHA! (it has been approved and they will do it)

really, i think this could be for the better. Augusta/vassalboro are suffering with the loss of business. I'm pretty sure some of the stores that was just built in augusta (bestbuy.. along with others) will be shut down any time sooner or later due to the economic.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:02 PM

455 posts, read 1,228,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
So I was thinking... topless doesn't have to mean just women. Maine's full of men with great chests.

I have always wanted to go to Vasselboro....this just might be a good reason.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:57 PM
JC3

296 posts, read 823,907 times
Why not just open a strip joint and be done with it? I am sure the family will all go there for donuts and coffee with the kiddies. I thought this was Maine? We have enough states who have enough sleaze to go around.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:22 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,095,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
...I'm short too, then there's the whole gravity issue.
darn it... I didn't even think of that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
sorry i cant work there i allready have a job.
ok.... scratch Ranger off the list....

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
hmm.

I do not think that I would 'mind' being served food by a topless man.

But I do suppose that you are correct in that most guys might be hesitant.
I agree with you, but I wonder why guys wouldn't like that?? That's like being at the lake with a group of people and a guy in swim trunks and no shirt says "wanna chip?" and passes you the bag....

Old 01-07-2009, 05:24 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,377,875 times
With enogh female customers and enough demand ............ I'm sure they could be persuaded to hire men.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:31 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,360,034 times
By the way, whatever happened to that woman in Newport who wanted to do the topless car wash??

Old 01-07-2009, 06:43 PM

467 posts, read 1,124,586 times
While in Millinocket a while ago we came upon a place that looked like a strip joint (sign with GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS out front --or something like that). I did a double take as it completely caught me off guard. In Millinocket??? I couldn't believe my eyes. I was in Cincinnati when Larry Flynt and Hustler opened it's first store downtown and I barely even paid attention to all the hoopla. But come on people this is Maine and even though my first reaction was to laugh at the absurd juxtaposition of the north woods and an adult entertainment club, something inside me just wished it wasn't really there. I suppose in Vassalboro or in Bangor, it would not affect me the same way. Interestingly though, I asked DH what he thought about the Vassalboro coffee shop and all he said was "It's degrading to women." Good answer, I thought. As for me, I just don't think people will ever envision topless joints when they think of Maine. I would never stand in the way of free enterprise though, but personally I really think it's a pity, IMHO that is.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:10 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,201,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoundtofindME View Post
While in Millinocket a while ago we came upon a place that looked like a strip joint (sign with GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS out front --or something like that). I did a double take as it completely caught me off guard. In Millinocket??? I couldn't believe my eyes. I was in Cincinnati when Larry Flynt and Hustler opened it's first store downtown and I barely even paid attention to all the hoopla. But come on people this is Maine and even though my first reaction was to laugh at the absurd juxtaposition of the north woods and an adult entertainment club, something inside me just wished it wasn't really there. I suppose in Vassalboro or in Bangor, it would not affect me the same way. Interestingly though, I asked DH what he thought about the Vassalboro coffee shop and all he said was "It's degrading to women." Good answer, I thought. As for me, I just don't think people will ever envision topless joints when they think of Maine. I would never stand in the way of free enterprise though, but personally I really think it's a pity, IMHO that is.
on one hand i can see your point,people think of maine as a sweet whoulsome state where nothing like this should happen and every thing should be allmost prefect.but on the other hand most people dont see or want to see the seedy under side of maine far worse things are hapening in maine then the topless coffee shop.i look at it this way this is maine and we are part of USA and for being part of that we all have the right to do most any thing we want (with in the law) if some one wants to open a topless coffee shop,or a strip club go for it. then you get people who say i dont want that in my town or what ever. my answer to them is dont go in.if they dont go in they cant get offended.if a woman wants to get a job serving coffee topless its her choice no one is makeing her work their.just becouse she is topless dont make her a bad person.and if they are worried about the so called riff raff that hang out at those kinda places.they are the same people you see every day on the streets wave and say hi to.so i gess im done but think of this kids see more things on tv nowa days and they dont even have to leave the house.have you heard the music they lisen to .id worry about tv and radio.befor worrying about a coffee shop.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:18 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,229,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
To lean out through a window, collect money handout change and to pass out a cup of coffee; all requires a certain body type?

I think that it would require good coffee.
What I am getting at is do you want to see your aging Aunt Tilly's rack? Or something with a little less miles on it?

Old 01-07-2009, 08:23 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,229,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
I agree with you, but I wonder why guys wouldn't like that?? That's like being at the lake with a group of people and a guy in swim trunks and no shirt says "wanna chip?" and passes you the bag....
This would be a different situation then knowingly going into an establishment were men served their customers while topless, unless it was a beach theme. The individual guy may not care, but if word got out that he voluntarily went to a coffee shop with half nude man servers, he would never here the end of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine