Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 06:49 AM

701 posts, read 1,083,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolwiTch View Post
Didn't need anything, so I got to stay home, build a nice fire and read a good book. My cousin moved from MA to NC and she told me how whenever any kind of winter weather is predicted the stores are crammed with people snatching all the milk, bread and eggs off the shelves. She now calls them "french toast disasters."
French toast disasters! That's hilarious!!!!!!!!!

I've lived here(NC) most of my life......but my parents grew up in very snowy climates (WI&SD). My parents always laughed at the "french toast disasters", saying "you should see real snow!"
So I knew better If there is even a hint of snow, the bread and milk are gone from the shelves. Really GONE (maybe a pack of hotdog buns and some whipping cream left)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 08:03 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,388,499 times
I stayed home, then at 8pm B called from her grocery store and said that they had lots of marked down stuff. So I made a trip into Bangor and loaded down the car with clearance stuff.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:27 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosX5 View Post
French toast disasters! That's hilarious!!!!!!!!!

I've lived here(NC) most of my life......but my parents grew up in very snowy climates (WI&SD). My parents always laughed at the "french toast disasters", saying "you should see real snow!"
So I knew better If there is even a hint of snow, the bread and milk are gone from the shelves. Really GONE (maybe a pack of hotdog buns and some whipping cream left)
I think whip cream sandwiches might be pretty good in a pinch, or just about any time really. Hold the ketchup.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:33 AM

653 posts, read 1,918,768 times
i would like to add my name to her call list, when we are in Maine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I stayed home, then at 8pm B called from her grocery store and said that they had lots of marked down stuff. So I made a trip into Bangor and loaded down the car with clearance stuff.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:56 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boonelsewhere View Post
i would like to add my name to her call list, when we are in Maine.
LOL

Sure thing

Somebody needs to help us eat it all.

Our chest freezer is full again. Frig is full.

We brought it all in this morning, to sort and store, I had to fill a 20 gallon bin with frozen food, put outside and buried in a snow bank. To keep frozen until we can eat our way down to get to it.

Our neighbors may come by to get some.

Our flour buckets are filled again now too.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:48 PM

473 posts, read 714,785 times
dont you love the extra refrigerator space in the winter time!- we use our mud room so we can buy 10 gallons of milk at a time and reduse our trips to town (with 5 kids still have to go a couple times a week, but better than every day or two!)

Old 01-08-2009, 03:19 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,340,874 times
I thought when I moved back to civilization, I could stop stocking the freezer and the pantry because whatever I might need was just down the road. But I guess this time of the year, there can be a problem getting down that short stretch of road. My daughter would love that extra "fridge space," momma. She has three little ones and she has to pick up two gallons of milk every day or so. She's saving up for a bigger fridge.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:36 PM

489 posts, read 1,211,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
I think whip cream sandwiches might be pretty good in a pinch, or just about any time really. Hold the ketchup.
Toasted bread, homemade raspberry jam topped with LOTS of whipping cream. Nothing better as a breakfast snack.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:18 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,202,876 times
just let the dog out its snowing and 33 deg so we had a snow ball fight.well not realy becouse he cant throw.it was more like snow ball catch.he catches pritty good.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:53 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,748,244 times
Enjoy the 33 while you can. I'm betting it will be a tad cooler come morning. Saw the temp drop from around 34 to 10 in just over half an hour this afternoon. It's sitting at -4 right now. May have to throw an extra log on the fire tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine