Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 07:35 AM

653 posts, read 1,918,122 times

Advertisements

I am looking for reasonable price kitchen cabinets for my home in Ellworth. I prefered cabinets made locally in Maine by the Amish.
Where can i find the location or phone number to contact.
thanks,
boon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 07:40 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
There is an Amish community in Smyrna Maine The Town Smyrna Maine . I don't see anything about cabinet making or carpenters on the site....maybe if you inquired. When I was buying Amish made bedroom furniture it came from Indiana.....and it was anything but inexpensive.....really good quality but pricey.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:50 AM

thanks elston, i will visit the web site and find out if they make kitchen cabinets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
There is an Amish community in Smyrna Maine The Town Smyrna Maine . I don't see anything about cabinet making or carpenters on the site....maybe if you inquired. When I was buying Amish made bedroom furniture it came from Indiana.....and it was anything but inexpensive.....really good quality but pricey.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:58 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,535,602 times
There's a furniture store in the town elston told you about. I'd track them down and try them. If they don't have a phone they do have a po box. Smyrna is a small town. If you address it to the Amish Furniture Store the post master should put it in the correct box.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:06 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
There's a furniture store in the town elston told you about. I'd track them down and try them. If they don't have a phone they do have a po box. Smyrna is a small town. If you address it to the Amish Furniture Store the post master should put it in the correct box.
Good Idea or there is a listing for a General Store.....if that is a really small town and anything like the ones I have lived in....it might be worthwhile to call the general store and ask the proprietor about an Amish furniture maker.....if there is one in town....I bet someone in the store will know of them.
  • Pioneer Place
    General Store (Have everything)
    2539 US Route 2
    Smyrna, ME 04780
    (207) 757-8984

Old 01-09-2009, 08:17 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,535,602 times
I LOVE that store. When I first walked in I almost blurted out, "It's so dark in here." It's fine when your eyes adjust to the only light coming from sky lights. The cash register is fantastic. It's an old hand cranked model with push buttons. Sales tax is figured on a solar calculator and added in. You can find anything from grass fed goat milk cheese to nuts and bolts there.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:11 PM

thanks elston, i called the store, person at the store told me they are 2 wood work shop that will make cabinets. when i am in Ellsworth next time i will go to the General Store and he will point me the the wood work shop, the Amish don't have phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Good Idea or there is a listing for a General Store.....if that is a really small town and anything like the ones I have lived in....it might be worthwhile to call the general store and ask the proprietor about an Amish furniture maker.....if there is one in town....I bet someone in the store will know of them.
  • Pioneer Place
    General Store (Have everything)
    2539 US Route 2
    Smyrna, ME 04780
    (207) 757-8984

Old 01-09-2009, 01:13 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
I have been to visit the Amish Furniture maker in Smyrna.

I do not recall any kitchen cabinets.

Lots of chairs, beds, bunk beds, and tables though.

Very rustic.

I think that if you talked to them, they would custom make about anything for you.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:15 PM

i noticed that too, when i did search on Amish kitchen cabinets, they seem to talk more about Furniture and very little about kitchen cabinets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I have been to visit the Amish Furniture maker in Smyrna.

I do not recall any kitchen cabinets.

Lots of chairs, beds, bunk beds, and tables though.

Very rustic.

I think that if you talked to them, they would custom make about anything for you.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:28 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Keep in mind that Mainers as a whole don't do much WWW.

Mennonites do even less WWW, and the Amish do way less WWW.

I would not honestly expect that you would see a great Amish presence on the WWW.

This is a topic where you must go there, and talk to them in person.

They do not bite most folks, and they tend to be very friendly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine